• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regarding IRCTC sbi rupay credit card

duft

TF Buzz
I have paid around 65k on Amazon using IRCTC rupay sbi card and i can see around 500 points in sbi mobile app. Is it going to be credited in IRCTC loyalty points? Or I can use it somewhere else cause irctc stupid rule of paying full ticket price with points is quite a pain. I would rather redeem these points somewhere else

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
Firstly, if you don't travel by train a lot, then this irctc card is not for you. Points get transferred to your irctc loyalty account at the end of the billing cycle, if you have already linked the card to your irctc loyalty account. This is a manual process which you need to do.

Secondly, you get a very poor reward rate if you redeem these points elsewhere.

See this post of mine.

Thanks!!

duft

TF Buzz
Firstly, if you don't travel by train a lot, then this irctc card is not for you. Points get transferred to your irctc loyalty account at the end of the billing cycle, if you have already linked the card to your irctc loyalty account. This is a manual process which you need to do.

Secondly, you get a very poor reward rate if you redeem these points elsewhere.

See this post of mine.

Thanks!!
I am only planning to keep this card for UPI and sbi offers. Rewards is just additional benifit for me here. I was asking if there is any way to use rewards outside of irctc

dexter_greycells

TF Premier
I have paid around 65k on Amazon using IRCTC rupay sbi card and i can see around 500 points in sbi mobile app. Is it going to be credited in IRCTC loyalty points? Or I can use it somewhere else cause irctc stupid rule of paying full ticket price with points is quite a pain. I would rather redeem these points somewhere else
This card has also frustrated me so much so that I'll cancel it after a 250 cashback is posted to my account in a couple of months. That said, the T&C clearly said that you can only pay with your points if they cover the entire fare and not partially. You accepted that 'stupid rule' and signed up for the card anyway. So it isn't on them.

On a more constructive note, you can buy IRCTC pts at Rs 1.5 for 1 pt. This only makes sense if you are somewhat short of being able to pay for the fare with the points or you must use the pts as they are nearing expiry. So, say your AC ticket fare is Rs 600 all inclusive and you have only 500 pts. Buy 100 pts at Rs 150 and go ahead with the booking.