• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Regarding axis fraud on cancelling of Axis card

Mohitkumar

TF Buzz
I mailed axis bank nodal officer for cancellation of my AXIS VI Credit card on 21 dec and i got mail that we are working on you issue.
But on 30 dec my card got charged for annual fees of 10000+gst. They didn't send any mail for that but i mistakenly did transaction on 6th jan as there is excess amount on my credit card. I called them to cancelled the card but they are denying to cancel the card stating that i did transaction after annual fees. And they are saying that you should called on phone banking instead of writing mail, so we will not cancel your card.
I mailed axis on November for waiver of card and on dec i mailed for cancellation but they are not admitting that i told them to cancel the card they are telling that you told for waiver only.
I wrote a message on dec clearly stating
Please cancel my card ending with xxxx or if possible waive the annual fees. When i told them to read my mail the retention executive purposedly skipping the line citing for cancellation of card and just only reading the line for waiver of card.
What can i do in this case, they are offering me just 3000 cv points and telling me that you have no option other than paying for annual fees of card.

Please someone suggest what should i do in this case.

pothi

TF Premier
RML Group
I have cancelled two Axis cards in the past.

To those who want to cancel the card, cancel it using any method you prefer. However...

• never send a direct email to nodal unless your initial request is not fulfilled. Initial request should always be via phone, web chat, email form available in Axis website or through RM or BM. RBI has instructed the banks to provide multiple options to initiate the cancellation request. But, not thr nodal who is always on a higher level (level 2) to take any issues that are not resolved by the first level of support.
  • Even if you send a cancellation request, never mention anything else (not even the reason for closure). Because, it is easy to delay the cancellation due to the other issue or request you made.
  • Never do any kind of transactions after sending the cancellation request. If you have excess money, let the cancellation goes through (that will take a maximum of 3 working days with Axis) and then send a separate request about the excess money. Any bank is bound to refund the money. They can not keep it forever.
Once you send a cancellation request, just forget it for at least 7 working days. Even without confirmation from you (that Axis does), banks should cancel the card in 7 working days. For each passing day after 7 days, banks are liable to pay penalty for the delay in closing the card.

In OP case, they are still working on the other issue that was mentioned along with the cancellation request. Technically, they can (and they will) proceed to cancellation only after resolving the other issue that Axis can drag for months or years.

To OP... unless you are ready for a legal battle, it is not worth fighting with Axis in this specific case where you have done a few things that could turn against you. It is better to pay for the mistake and move on in life. We all make mistakes. Owe it and carry on.

I have done a mistake 25 years ago that cost me 10k at that time. It was a huge money at that time. However, I learnt from it and have been making much more than that these days.

Bugs Bunny

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have cancelled two Axis cards in the past.

To those who want to cancel the card, cancel it using any method you prefer. However...

• never send a direct email to nodal unless your initial request is not fulfilled. Initial request should always be via phone, web chat, email form available in Axis website or through RM or BM. RBI has instructed the banks to provide multiple options to initiate the cancellation request. But, not thr nodal who is always on a higher level (level 2) to take any issues that are not resolved by the first level of support.
  • Even if you send a cancellation request, never mention anything else (not even the reason for closure). Because, it is easy to delay the cancellation due to the other issue or request you made.
  • Never do any kind of transactions after sending the cancellation request. If you have excess money, let the cancellation goes through (that will take a maximum of 3 working days with Axis) and then send a separate request about the excess money. Any bank is bound to refund the money. They can not keep it forever.
Once you send a cancellation request, just forget it for at least 7 working days. Even without confirmation from you (that Axis does), banks should cancel the card in 7 working days. For each passing day after 7 days, banks are liable to pay penalty for the delay in closing the card.

In OP case, they are still working on the other issue that was mentioned along with the cancellation request. Technically, they can (and they will) proceed to cancellation only after resolving the other issue that Axis can drag for months or years.

To OP... unless you are ready for a legal battle, it is not worth fighting with Axis in this specific case where you have done a few things that could turn against you. It is better to pay for the mistake and move on in life. We all make mistakes. Owe it and carry on.

I have done a mistake 25 years ago that cost me 10k at that time. It was a huge money at that time. However, I learnt from it and have been making much more than that these days.

Veteran * *

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
How can they cancel a card when there is a transaction pending?
You dug your grave by making the transaction and I do not think Axis will budge here
and
Biz ticket + 3000 cv points is a decent deal, no harm in continuing with the card for a year

mailmenow

TF Premier
I mailed axis bank nodal officer for cancellation of my AXIS VI Credit card on 21 dec and i got mail that we are working on you issue.
But on 30 dec my card got charged for annual fees of 10000+gst. They didn't send any mail for that but i mistakenly did transaction on 6th jan as there is excess amount on my credit card. I called them to cancelled the card but they are denying to cancel the card stating that i did transaction after annual fees. And they are saying that you should called on phone banking instead of writing mail, so we will not cancel your card.
I mailed axis on November for waiver of card and on dec i mailed for cancellation but they are not admitting that i told them to cancel the card they are telling that you told for waiver only.
I wrote a message on dec clearly stating
Please cancel my card ending with xxxx or if possible waive the annual fees. When i told them to read my mail the retention executive purposedly skipping the line citing for cancellation of card and just only reading the line for waiver of card.
What can i do in this case, they are offering me just 3000 cv points and telling me that you have no option other than paying for annual fees of card.

Please someone suggest what should i do in this case.
Is there any issue if we do a transaction after deducting the annual fee, in case if we need to reverse the annual fee??