• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Receive money on UPI with multiple bank accounts

srikant

TF Premier
I have multiple Bank accounts linked to my BHIM UPI ID. The first account I linked (a BoB account) is not presently the "default" account.

Funnily enough, when I received money to my BHIM UPI ID today, it still went to the BoB account.

This isn't a problem as my BoB account is still very much active, and I can move funds from it elsewhere anytime.

But what is the logic? I thought the "default" account should receive it ... Btw what if I remove the BoB account from the UPI ID?

I have multiple Bank accounts linked to my BHIM UPI ID. The first account I linked (a BoB account) is not presently the "default" account.

Funnily enough, when I received money to my BHIM UPI ID today, it still went to the BoB account.

This isn't a problem as my BoB account is still very much active, and I can move funds from it elsewhere anytime.

But what is the logic? I thought the "default" account should receive it ... Btw what if I remove the BoB account from the UPI ID?
There's a option in Paytm that if the primary bank's server has some issues, it will credit to another bank account.

I think the same is active by default in BHIM.

Kindly verify if the money is always received in BOB Ac or it was just a one time issue