• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Query related to SBI Rewardz Holi Ke Rang Campaign

iM23

TF Select
SBI is running SBI Rewardz Holi Ke Rang Campaign for its Debit card users. This will give bonus reward points in the following categories:

1. Apparel
2. Food & Beverages
3. Lifestyle
4. Electronics
5. Retail

Now, I have to make a transaction at a local spectacle shop and they don't accept credit cards, only debit cards. So, I am considering making the transaction using an SBI debit card. But I doubt if the spectacles business comes in any of the above categories. I think it depends on the shop owner's info provided to the bank while taking the POS machine. But is there any possibility that it would fall under the Lifestyle or Retail category? If not, then I would make the transaction through UPI using a Rupay credit card.

Last edited:

helloworld

TF Legend
Do a test transaction of 100rs. (make a pic of that POS machine, incase if they have multiple) -> wait for 2 or 3 days to settle that amount to our account -> contact support to find MCC related to that transaction -> Google that MCC code to find its category.

----
this is the shortest path to find the mcc/category of that transaction.

iM23

TF Select
Do a test transaction of 100rs. (make a pic of that POS machine, incase if they have multiple) -> wait for 2 or 3 days to settle that amount to our account -> contact support to find MCC related to that transaction -> Google that MCC code to find its category.

----
this is the shortest path to find the mcc/category of that transaction.
Thanks bro for the reply. But I couldn't do that anyway as today was the last date and the shop is closed on sundays. I took the risk and did the transaction using SBI debit card. Let's see what happens.

helloworld

TF Legend
Thanks bro for the reply. But I couldn't do that anyway as today was the last date and the shop is closed on sundays. I took the risk and did the transaction using SBI debit card. Let's see what happens.

thats the way usually, hope for the best - we do not know before transaction.