• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Queries regarding ITR

haroldh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I am about to submit my revised ITR and have few doubts

1. I filed ITR 1 by mistake and got 2500 refund, however i now understand that i need to fill ITR2 (since i have capital gains) and the refund eligibility is 1000 rs. How do I pay the excess 1500 to the Income tax department? Will i get a notice?

2. I have LTA in my salary component, however i did not submit proof to my employer and hence they deducted appropriate tax. The form 16 mentions LTA deductible as 0. I have done actual travel and have an invoice (lower than the total LTA i have received in salary), can i claim the same now while filing ITR?

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
yo
I am about to submit my revised ITR and have few doubts

1. I filed ITR 1 by mistake and got 2500 refund, however i now understand that i need to fill ITR2 (since i have capital gains) and the refund eligibility is 1000 rs. How do I pay the excess 1500 to the Income tax department? Will i get a notice?

2. I have LTA in my salary component, however i did not submit proof to my employer and hence they deducted appropriate tax. The form 16 mentions LTA deductible as 0. I have done actual travel and have an invoice (lower than the total LTA i have received in salary), can i claim the same now while filing ITR?
u will get an option in itr 2 of refund of itr

prashu

TF Premier
My packge is 4LPA. But total transcations from april 22 to March 23 is aproximately 10Lakhs. because i rotated money from credit cards. I didn't returned ITR. If I want to apply will it be a problem?

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
My packge is 4LPA. But total transcations from april 22 to March 23 is aproximately 10Lakhs. because i rotated money from credit cards. I didn't returned ITR. If I want to apply will it be a problem?
That's a difficult one.

IT seems more eager to send IT notices to those who didn't file ITR and have large transactions showing in AIS rather than those who did file ITR and their AIS looking the same.

This is from what others have experienced and shared in other channels like other forums, reddit and so on. I's always mostly the people who didn't file ITR.

Also just because your salary isn't taxable doesn't mean you can't file ITR and it is recommended that you file it either way.