• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Payments via wearables

rojajimmy

TF Select
Hello All,

I love gadgets. I have 5 phones (Always had more than 3 phones since the last 10 years), a lot of bluetooth headsets, TWS, smartwatches and more.
I have always hated the fact that even after 2 years of official announcement of RBI about payments via wearables (Smartwatches, smart bands and more) there is literally nothing from Samsung Pay, Google Pay or Apple Pay (the 3 biggest wallets) on wearables. Finally with Watch 6 samsung has enabled it via Samsung Wallet on their wearbale line and I really hope the same is enabled on watch 4 and 5 via software update(I own watch 4 as well)

I know a few banks have tried this (Axis, BOB) but it was limited and I would really love to use literallly any card to pay via watch.
lets hope India finally catches up with the world on this too. UPI and India being a digital payments powerhouse is all the news worldwide yet this is such an ignored part.

rojajimmy

TF Select
Samsung enabled Samsung Pay on watches 4 & 5 series too. I have the watch 4 and samsung pay is all set up. I have not used it yet