• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

OVD issue IndusInd bank CC

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Last month I applied for IndusInd Legend CC vis PB. Completed all the formalities, received the card, used it , bill of first month is generated. Now bank is mailing me to send Officially Valid Documents (OVD). There is a list of documents that are considered OVD and it is mentioned on website that if permanent address (read aadhar card address) and current address is not same then proof of electricity bill, telephone bill, govt tax etc will be deemed as OVD.

I have sent them electricity bill, wifi bill, rent agreement but they keep on rejecting them saying they are not OVD. I explained them everything, shared SS of their website also which talks about deemed OVD . I am frustrated, should I just close my card and have peace or raise the issue with higher authorities.
Please guide

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-09-14-41-37-67_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-09-14-41-37-67_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot_2022-08-09-14-41-18-93_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-09-14-41-18-93_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 48

akshayhs

TF Ace
I'd probably play the waiting game if I were you. It's strange just by looking at it because if you already got the card and paid the first bill you're technically compliant according to their requirements.

Don't close the card if you don't intend to. Go to a branch and ask them what this is and why you're being asked for those documents when you even paid a month's due.

If they keep bothering you, then write to pno and explain your situation.

Btw, not a legal adviser here. Just sharing my thoughts

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I'd probably play the waiting game if I were you. It's strange just by looking at it because if you already got the card and paid the first bill you're technically compliant according to their requirements.

Don't close the card if you don't intend to. Go to a branch and ask them what this is and why you're being asked for those documents when you even paid a month's due.

If they keep bothering you, then write to pno and explain your situation.

Btw, not a legal adviser here. Just sharing my thoughts
Now, they are asking me my concurrence to close the card. I told them, No, but according to them card can not be continued as the address proof is invalid according to them.

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I did it using airtel broadband bill got updated in 1 month. You can also use the certificate from government officer as it will definitely work and will take less than a week.
I will try.
one more question- What happens to all existing accounts (bank account, cc, demat acc etc.) based on aadhar after change in address? Do banks and other agencies get notified automatically or one need to manually update them?

misteramit

TF Select
u can also try updating the same with Online Aadhar Update portal - existing CC statement is also valid if ur name and current address is mentioned correctly on statement - just upload it as proof on update site - pay the update fee and wait 7-15 days it will be generated online and u can download new aadhar easily and no need to wait for it to arrive physically (btw u will soon get it by post as well) / another option is to get it done using India Post Website - they have home visit service at low price/ simple process of just fingerprint verification done by them on their device and u r done - only 7-10 days time for online update aadhar card

misteramit

TF Select
BTW this is a very strange behaviour by such old bank which is the first ever private bank of India , they lost their ethics in recent years and market share as well / they are so desperate to onboard new users they approve without proper checks and later bothers genuine End users by giving excuses of banks internal policies

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
u can also try updating the same with Online Aadhar Update portal - existing CC statement is also valid if ur name and current address is mentioned correctly on statement - just upload it as proof on update site - pay the update fee and wait 7-15 days it will be generated online and u can download new aadhar easily and no need to wait for it to arrive physically (btw u will soon get it by post as well) / another option is to get it done using India Post Website - they have home visit service at low price/ simple process of just fingerprint verification done by them on their device and u r done - only 7-10 days time for online update aadhar card
yes. finally I got my address changed on Aadhar card and this thing satisfied them. These days I am after them to open 0 MAB select savings account.

EINSTEIN

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Do you how to avail home visit service? I want to update mobile number for a family member who cannot visit service centre.