• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Novotel Juhu Beach Mumbai and experience of booking room for the entire family

aashish2137

TF Select
So we stayed 1 night at Novotel Juhu Beach Mumbai recently. We had 3 rooms for 6 pax out of which I was the only Accor member. Long story short:

1. Booked 3 rooms via app. No pre-payment required, pay at check-in. No option to pay by points in advance.
2. After a few days, the prices on the app dropped. Since no payment was made, I rebooked the same itinerary and then canceled the first one.
3. Emailed the property asking them to do some anniversary decoration in 1 room, upgrade 1 room using Accor Plus voucher and don't charge the card. Hotel said upgrade will be based on availability, ok for the rest.
4. On the check-in date, I called again asking for upgrade but got the same answer. The check-in time was 3pm but we were able to reach around 5pm. The front desk person upgraded all 3 rooms to the best rooms in the property before I could ask (top floor corner rooms). Also, we got 6 welcome drink vouchers (1 per pax) as a Silver member. They could be redeemed at the bar. Strangely, the entire bar menu was eligible for the vouchers (generally its a limited menu). So we all had nice mojitos on the house.
5. Per my request, they decorated one room, made 'happy anniversary' with leaves on the bed, balloons and kept a chocolate cake. The other 2 rooms had 2 small brownies.
5. Rooms were great, direct view of the Juhu beach. 5mins walking distance from the chowpatty. Comfortable rooms too.
6. Breakfast was included in the booking. Food was ok, a bit poor on the service. Severely understaffed.
7. We got an airport drop included in the hotel bill at checkout. Room tariff was INR 33,000 + INR 2,000 for the cab. They first charged 10,000 ALL points for INR 18,270. Then they did 9,000 ALL points for the proportionate amount. Eventually INR 1,098 was left which I paid by card. Also, there was INR 40,000 hold on my card that they released at checkout.
8. Email OTP was required for burning the points. OTP arrived instantly, no drama there.
9. Airport drop was a 6-seater Innova.

Overall a terrific experience. Great property, very nice location. Situated in the heart of Mumbai, direct access to the beach, has a nice pool and a really courteous staff. Breakfast was a little issue but we didn't bother too much. Pretty good value for money at 11K a night, or 19,000 points.

Funny thing - we forgot a pair of sandals in one of them rooms. Called them today (2 days after checkout) and they were able to locate them and are ready to ship them to Delhi for a charge of INR 200. Not bad at all.