• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Not recieved payment for freelance work for a big company

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi

I did a 1 day freelance work for a big company and was supposed to receive 40,000 rs . But the company has not processed payment well past the due date . What is the legal recourse in this case, where i can file a complaint

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Give them a legal notice, thru an Advocate - specializing in Corporate Law. Give a deadline therein to send payment. Soon after that deadline, proceed legally against the firm. Demand the amount, interest thereon, legal expenses n more for causing mention stress n agony.
Thank you. Cant we file some online complaint with labor ministry . We all know the cost, timelines and sucess rate of courts :(

You can't approach Courts or Consumer Forums - without first sending them a proper legal notice. It costs less than 1-2K.

In a majority of cases, a legal notice will sort out things - unless there is a serious dispute. Like no proof, poor wor done, losses incurred by other party because of your work......

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
sometimes only legal notices do wonders , worked in my case
did mail their HO finance team by finding out emails on the net. Should i write to the ceo. I am dissapointed as the payout was great for 1 day work and was looking for more engagement. But after their behaviour after the work , i have decided against it

akshayhs

TF Ace
If you have entered into a contract, check the payment terms. Generally with companies like what you mentioned, they have a payment max time up to 90 days. I had done one such contract-based work and the payment was cleared after 30 days but they had clearly mentioned the payment will be made 90 days within the date of service fulfillment.

onetwo

TF Select
Is this an Indian company? Then I'm afraid delayed payment is very, very common, even among the large companies. Net 30 becomes Net 60 unofficially. They most likely will pay but you have to follow up a lot.

Do you have a signed contract? A lawyer can draft a notice based on that.

Deleted member 9785

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Is this an Indian company? Then I'm afraid delayed payment is very, very common, even among the large companies. Net 30 becomes Net 60 unofficially. They most likely will pay but you have to follow up a lot.

Do you have a signed contract? A lawyer can draft a notice based on that.
yes it is. they are already past 30 days as per timeline. I have now reached out to their senior person on linkedin and he has promised to tak to his team. lets c

arun4455

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Many times large organisation take time in their internal process. Keep on following up for a couple of weeks, then seek legal advice if required.