• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New IDFC card application: being pushed to Select instead of Wealth

CardShard

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I checked online on IDFC's website, it says I'm only eligible for Select (3.5L). Went to the branch to follow up, they said the only way to apply is online, and they can't take any requests through the branch. Essentially again got pushed to Select. The guy basically asked me to apply for upgrade 7 months down the line.

Is there really no C2C or income proof based application route?

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I checked online on IDFC's website, it says I'm only eligible for Select (3.5L). Went to the branch to follow up, they said the only way to apply is online, and they can't take any requests through the branch. Essentially again got pushed to Select. The guy basically asked me to apply for upgrade 7 months down the line.

Is there really no C2C or income proof based application route?
Don't take Select now, most probably you will be stuck at Select even after 7 months.

IDFC does have C2C mode through online. It will ask for other card and limit.

CardShard

TF Select
VIP Lounge
IDFC does have C2C mode through online. It will ask for other card and limit.
From what I remember, I didn't see an option there. It asked for phone number, PAN, monthly income (and maybe Aadhar, can't remember exactly). After that it did a credit enquiry, and just said I'm eligible for Select. At that point I didn't proceed further. Where is the C2C part that I missed?

I started the application for Select (through branch), so that's ongoing, and I can't start the online process afresh (it directly takes me to my current ongoing application status page). Once this expires, I'll try out again.

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
From what I remember, I didn't see an option there. It asked for phone number, PAN, monthly income (and maybe Aadhar, can't remember exactly). After that it did a credit enquiry, and just said I'm eligible for Select. At that point I didn't proceed further. Where is the C2C part that I missed?

I started the application for Select (through branch), so that's ongoing, and I can't start the online process afresh (it directly takes me to my current ongoing application status page). Once this expires, I'll try out again.
I don't exactly remember, everything happened pretty fast 😅. I had an option to select card and enter the current limit I had. Then I had two options - card approval with or without income documents or something like that.

I didn't think too much and went for no documents path. vKYC happened in 5 mins and virtual card approved in the next 5mins.
Finally I was stuck with a low limit 😥.

Last edited:

CardShard

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Okay I got a friend to try it out, she put in her details for ICICI Sapphiro with 13L limit. She was also offered Select variant with 2L limit.

Seems like there is zero actual possibility of being offered the Wealth card if you aren't already banking with them.

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Okay I got a friend to try it out, she put in her details for ICICI Sapphiro with 13L limit. She was also offered Select variant with 2L limit.

Seems like there is zero actual possibility of being offered the Wealth card if you aren't already banking with them.
Once you are at that, don't proceed. I have seen people getting pre-approved wealth offer after few months. Since CIBIL enquiry is already done, they will have your data for pre approved offers.
Maybe they are trying to make wealth exclusive now. They will always come back with wealth if you ignore select now.

Good luck

Tosh

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Once you are at that, don't proceed. I have seen people getting pre-approved wealth offer after few months. Since CIBIL enquiry is already done, they will have your data for pre approved offers.
Maybe they are trying to make wealth exclusive now. They will always come back with wealth if you ignore select now.

Good luck
I applied got offered Millenia so cancelled the application should have left just like that. Bad decision 🥲