• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Negative outstanding and statement generated

Hisoka

TF Ace
Reference thread: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/solved-urgent-axis-magnus-fraud-transaction-of-1l.11256/

Hey everyone
Few weeks back I accidentally made an international transaction not knowing that we don't receive OTP there. Axis bank helped me by providing a temp credit to my statement so that I don't have to pay that amount (You can see in the screenshot that my overall limit is according to my actual outstanding, but due to temp credit, my overall outstanding is negative). But few days after, that issue was resolved by apple and I received refund from them. The problem is that Axis bank still has that temp credit and my overall statement balance is negative (I spent 50K and temp credit was 1L, so overall statement is -50K)

How should I proceed with this? I try mailing them but they said it'll take 90 days for the issue to resolve. Should I just pay the amount I owe them? Or I wait and don't pay at all?
Apologies for opening the thread again.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_2916.jpeg
    IMG_2916.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 36

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Reference thread: https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/solved-urgent-axis-magnus-fraud-transaction-of-1l.11256/

Hey everyone
Few weeks back I accidentally made an international transaction not knowing that we don't receive OTP there. Axis bank helped me by providing a temp credit to my statement so that I don't have to pay that amount (You can see in the screenshot that my overall limit is according to my actual outstanding, but due to temp credit, my overall outstanding is negative). But few days after, that issue was resolved by apple and I received refund from them. The problem is that Axis bank still has that temp credit and my overall statement balance is negative (I spent 50K and temp credit was 1L, so overall statement is -50K)

How should I proceed with this? I try mailing them but they said it'll take 90 days for the issue to resolve. Should I just pay the amount I owe them? Or I wait and don't pay at all?
Apologies for opening the thread again.

Thanks in advance
In the statement is it asking you to pay anything?

romilq

TF Ace
Read the question bro. That is temp credit and my actual outstanding is -48K + $1300
Read the statement again it says you have 50k around credit. So you don't need to pay. When they will remove the temporary credit then you will have to pay maybe when next statement is generated. You can confirm once with customer care.

Hisoka

TF Ace
Hisoka Basics first. If (+) outstanding balance in monthly statement via email you simply pay. If it's (-) then don't pay. Your case don't pay. can't make simple than this.
@Mogambo But these are not my spends. What if bank says in future that this was just the temp credit and you were supposed to pay the rest. I've never missed my payment and if I pay this one, it'll be a big hit on my CIBIL loss since the amount is not small.

Hisoka

TF Ace
Read the statement again it says you have 50k around credit. So you don't need to pay. When they will remove the temporary credit then you will have to pay maybe when next statement is generated. You can confirm once with customer care.
Are you sure about this? What if Axis bank sends this report to CIBIL without the temp credit?

Mogambo

TF Buzz
@Mogambo But these are not my spends. What if bank says in future that this was just the temp credit and you were supposed to pay the rest. I've never missed my payment and if I pay this one, it'll be a big hit on my CIBIL loss since the amount is not small.
are the same guy who placed order on Apple US while browsing? Read my comment again based on +, - balance you take action.

romilq

TF Ace
Are you sure about this? What if Axis bank sends this report to CIBIL without the temp credit?
Like I said we can only depend on what the statement says. Even then if you are worried then pay up if you don't have any issues in paying right now. And the best would be to call Axis bank and ask them. Will hardly take 2-3 minutes.

Bharat

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Like I said we can only depend on what the statement says. Even then if you are worried then pay up if you don't have any issues in paying right now. And the best would be to call Axis bank and ask them. Will hardly take 2-3 minutes.
I would recommend to confirm on email instead of call for records (call records also works but text is better)

Hisoka

TF Ace
I called them, I emailed them. They just say they don't know and issue will take 90 days to resolve
Emailed them yesterday, yet to receive a response

Bharat

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I called them, I emailed them. They just say they don't know and issue will take 90 days to resolve
Emailed them yesterday, yet to receive a response
I Also hold a -ve balance with axis since couple of months, my cibil has sent down 10 points.. not sure if that's because of this balance but there is no other reason i found for cibil going down except for 1 CC enquiry(which should be like 1 or 2 points Max) all other payments etc are on track no default at all