• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help to understand Overlimit charges in Kotak

Orio

TF Select
HI Experts,

Recently i got kotak CC with 50k limit.
I've used 99%card limit..left 100rs. Tried to deposit before statement but as it's new card unable to do so.

Limit - 50K
Limit Used - 49900
First Statement - added card fee 600
After adding card fee exceeded the limit >>> (49900 + 600 = 50500) - 500 extra

Now received one msg stating that
Dear Customer, The outstanding balance on your Kotak Bank Credit Card xxxx has exceeded the credit limit and applicable fee is charged. T&C apply.

Is it possible to raise a complaint against bank as my limit is not exceeded (49900) but the card fee(600) they have added in statement created overlimit (50500) - 500 extra?
Could you please suggest whats the best way to avoid these overlimit charges? What would be the amount if i need to pay charges.
Much awaited help. new to kotak as well as overlimit txns.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
HI Experts,

Recently i got kotak CC with 50k limit.
I've used 99%card limit..left 100rs. Tried to deposit before statement but as it's new card unable to do so.

Limit - 50K
Limit Used - 49900
First Statement - added card fee 600
After adding card fee exceeded the limit >>> (49900 + 600 = 50500) - 500 extra

Now received one msg stating that
Dear Customer, The outstanding balance on your Kotak Bank Credit Card xxxx has exceeded the credit limit and applicable fee is charged. T&C apply.

Is it possible to raise a complaint against bank as my limit is not exceeded (49900) but the card fee(600) they have added in statement created overlimit (50500) - 500 extra?
Could you please suggest whats the best way to avoid these overlimit charges? What would be the amount if i need to pay charges.
Much awaited help. new to kotak as well as overlimit txns.
Bhai seriously 49900..😁
Pay the charges & move on

Orio

TF Select
Bhai seriously 49900..😁
Pay the charges & move on
but i've not enabled my overlimit facility and it's a card fee.....is it really bank can add in txns or really over-limit charges applicable on card fee?
First time i've seen. Can we raise complain for this? they are asking charges - 600rs

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
but i've not enabled my overlimit facility and it's a card fee.....is it really bank can add in txns or really over-limit charges applicable on card fee?
First time i've seen. Can we raise complain for this? they are asking charges - 600rs
Depends if charge was levied on which date .showed on which date .
Usually whenever u got joining benefits that day u were charged but billed at billing date .
So even though u were able to use the amount balance but according to transaction date it must be opposite..

You got good limit.
100% cc limit usage in not good 👍..max 70 in emergency

Orio

TF Select
Depends if charge was levied on which date .showed on which date .
Usually whenever u got joining benefits that day u were charged but billed at billing date .
So even though u were able to use the amount balance but according to transaction date it must be opposite..

You got good limit.
100% cc limit usage in not good 👍..max 70 in emergency
Next time follow same rule but this time - is it worth to raise complaint with them?

Cosmicgaze

TF Select
Over limit is only denied for transactions which are not bank charges like fees/finance charges/penalties/gst etc.
usually they should inform that the fee would be charged. I got charged in the third month.

For now just clear the dues, and contact customer care if they waive it, it will be negative balance on your statement if you pay the entire outstanding.

Orio

TF Select
Over limit is only denied for transactions which are not bank charges like fees/finance charges/penalties/gst etc.
usually they should inform that the fee would be charged. I got charged in the third month.

For now just clear the dues, and contact customer care if they waive it, it will be negative balance on your statement if you pay the entire outstanding.
For this month statement, got -490 rs.
I've paid full payment. let's see in next month they will add 500+GST then need solution.
Please suggest me - will it be considered as complaint?

Cosmicgaze

TF Select
I've paid full payment. let's see in next month they will add 500+GST then need solution.
I think it will be in the next statement. It does not hurt to try and ask them to waive the charges say that you thought you would be intimated about the charge as usually it’s charged on 3rd statement and about unable to prepay . If they do waive then good.
Good luck let us know how it goes.

rohio

TF Neo
Same thing happened with me today. Wanted to know whether they charged you till now or not?