• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help to escalate for refund of a transaction done on Amazon pay

Rahul098

TF Select
I had done a transaction to pay my broadband bill on 14th December 2023 using Amazon pay it was showing successful but the biller said the transaction failed. I have raised this issue with Amazon pay for getting a refund but I still have haven't received any refund from them. Is there any higher authority I can escalate this with? The customer care guys are just keep raising ticket after ticket and just extending the timelie. I am just fed-up with this? Can someone please help out this with ?

Rahul098

TF Select
It seems that the issue is not with Amazon but with railwire. After complaining to the grievances mail they called me and told that the transaction was successful and I need to ask railwire for refund. I then reached out to railwire and they asked my transaction statement which I provided promptly it been more than 10 days and they just saying that their finance department is looking into it. Is there any other way I can get my money back ?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I then reached out to railwire and they asked my transaction statement which I provided promptly it been more than 10 days and they just saying that their finance department is looking into it. Is there any other way I can get my money back
There will be no-one in the world that could help you , other than that "railwire" .. Talk to them regularly..
Amazon has got nothing to do with here ... Go to railwire website , findout the contacts and contact them regularly...

Rahul098

TF Select
There will be no-one in the world that could help you , other than that "railwire" .. Talk to them regularly..
Amazon has got nothing to do with here ... Go to railwire website , findout the contacts and contact them regularly...
Yeah that is what I am doing daily now. I feel sad for myself for not using the credit card directly

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Amazon pay balance
you must have paid from Amazon App.. like this below...
Instead of that if you pay from Railwire web site and choose Apay as payment method, it would have settled instantly..
Note: I don't know anything about Railwire, in fact I am hearing about this for the first time..'

1705742108657.png

Rahul098

TF Select
you must have paid from Amazon App.. like this below...
Instead of that if you pay from Railwire web site and choose Apay as payment method, it would have settled instantly..
Note: I don't know anything about Railwire, in fact I am hearing about this for the first time..'

1705742108657.png
Yeah like this only. I have been using this for the past 6 months or so I worked fine. In their own app I didn't see the option for Amazon pay balance then so was using this

as33

TF Buzz
I was in a similar situation last year. I made a UPI transaction on Mobikwik using Amazon pay balance in Oct 2022 and it failed. Mobikwik issued refund, but Amazon claimed that the transaction was successful. Raised it multiple times with both Mobikwik and Amazon, but nothing worked and Amazon closed my written complaint saying that the chargeback cannot be claimed more than 90 days after the transaction date.

Recently I raised it with the RBI ombudsman after realizing that I can raise it till one year since last response from Amazon. Once the complaint was forwarded to Amazon pay, they started investigating and refunded the concerned amount in my amazon pay balance within a week.

Rahul098

TF Select
I was in a similar situation last year. I made a UPI transaction on Mobikwik using Amazon pay balance in Oct 2022 and it failed. Mobikwik issued refund, but Amazon claimed that the transaction was successful. Raised it multiple times with both Mobikwik and Amazon, but nothing worked and Amazon closed my written complaint saying that the chargeback cannot be claimed more than 90 days after the transaction date.

Recently I raised it with the RBI ombudsman after realizing that I can raise it till one year since last response from Amazon. Once the complaint was forwarded to Amazon pay, they started investigating and refunded the concerned amount in my amazon pay balance within a week.
Thanks for the info, but I small doubt did you get BBPS id for that transaction? Because when I had contacted the amazon grievances team and they told me that if the BBPS id is created then the transaction was successful. I didn't know RBI ombudsman can help me with this? I thought I had to file a complaint to consumer court only.

Rahul098

TF Select
I again contacted the biller and they asked me to send my transaction again and they will escalate it. The cs also said that 120 people are also facing similar issue. I am thinking of waiting like 2 days and will complaint to the ombudsman now