• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need Advice: Reactivating or Converting a Dormant ICICI Mine Zero Bal Account

rohit_

TF Premier
I opened a ‘Mine Zero Balance’ variant account with ICICI online in 2021. However, due to incomplete KYC, the account became dormant or was closed two years ago. Now, I want to know if I visit their branch and complete the KYC, will they reactivate the same account or convert it into a regular savings account with the same account number, or will I have to open a new account?

rohit_

TF Premier
I sought assistance from Twitter, but their service was disappointing. Yesterday, they informed me that the branch was closed. Today, they called me, asked for my email ID, and mentioned they would provide an update after communicating with the branch manager. However, that was all. Subsequently, they sent an email instructing me to wait until April 16, 2024, without providing any explanation for this delay or clarifying the situation.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Don't think you are too imp to be informed unless someone is personally takeing care of your case or there is rm assigned
didn't know exactly what they want
I approached them for an update on 10 april 2024. He mentioned something about a rejection due to an old account closure but did not provide clear information. He asked for my old account number, which I promptly shared. Despite this, he seemed clueless and informed me that he would update me on April 12, 2024.
no one called me or approched for any update (reason maybe cheque stopped)
that ac is closed already cross-checked with icici customer care email id + branch

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Yes, I agree.
Since you have kyc problem of past
May be sync of old customer I'd & new account is taking time

Branch guy are useless,& pathetic

Icici digital infra is going at snail pace .
In 2021 I got fd cc showing in app in 20 minutes
In 2024 I had to manually add cc to account

Strange

TF Legend

Icici assigns new customer ID for new account.

I have two icici savings account with different customer ids and it's linked together in netbanking as well iMobile app.

rohit_

TF Premier

maybe, on old CIF ac is closed but 3 cc active with that CIF
yes really pathetic

rohit_

TF Premier
Official Reply Email (Twitter Team):
With reference to your e-mail, we addressed your concern related to account opening, We informed you that, we have received a confirmation from team concern your account opening form rejected due to details mismatch.

rohit_

TF Premier
Official Reply Email (Twitter Team):
With reference to your e-mail, we addressed your concern related to account opening, We informed you that, we have received a confirmation from team concern your account opening form rejected due to details mismatch.
rbi/senior management/managing director/pno
Complaints were lodged at all places