My problem with SmartBuy is unique (maybe?!)

MeTejaHu

In SmartBuy, passenger name cannot exceed 26 characters for flight booking. My name is 27 characters (too late to blame my parents).
I have foregone 3.3% rewards on flights for a few years now. But I am planning a Dubai trip for which 3.3% is a huge number. Wrote to SmartBuy customer care and they responded in a typical HDFC response of nothing can be done. Has anyone faced anything like this? Any tips to bypass this hurdle and not loose 3.3%?
1699016991087.png

In SmartBuy, passenger name cannot exceed 26 characters for flight booking. My name is 27 characters (too late to blame my parents).
I have foregone 3.3% rewards on flights for a few years now. But I am planning a Dubai trip for which 3.3% is a huge number. Wrote to SmartBuy customer care and they responded in a typical HDFC response of nothing can be done. Has anyone faced anything like this? Any tips to bypass this hurdle and not loose 3.3%?
1699016991087.png
I don't think if anything can be done here 😕. Try contacting direct airline as mentioned.

And your problem is unique 😀.

aceventura

1699016991087.png
Dont they give 5x rewards for Flights in Smartbuy, that actually takes it to 16-17% (upto daily limits)

aceventura

1699016991087.png
Will there be a problem if you omit some middle name or something?

MeTejaHu

OP, kya aap hi Chinaswamy Muthaswamy Venugopal Iyer hai?

Apply For Lifetime Free Indusind Bank Credit Card
images (83).jpeg
Ye toh 27k
Will there be a problem if you omit some middle name or something?
Won't match passport. Can't risk flight tickets for rewards.

DealHunter786

1699016991087.png
How did you tackle this problem? I'm also facing a similar issue.