• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Mobile recharge price hike by 25%

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
GQXPCqeY.jpg

the above one is before doing the 1799 recharge, the below one is after the recharge.

yes, my current vi plan was 459. i did 2 times 1799 (365 days) recharge, and my current validity is a little over 2yrs.
so , you solved your puzzle right? or still unclear?

EnthuCC

TF Buzz
Extremely likely !! unless they want to give it to their best friend in the industry ..
"Give" is not a correct word.

I just checked that the marketcap of VI is $12.40 billions.
And the stake of GoI in VI is 32%. That's almost ~$3.9 billion of networth.

They'd not "give" but they might dis-invest in next few years but they'd only do that when the stock price is correct and they'd see more benefit in liquidity after the dilution.

By the way if I remember correctly GoI acquired the stake in VI when VI was moving towards bankruptcy. The debt was bleeding the company and shareholders. The company had decided to convert interest liability payable to the govt. into equity.

I hope the stocks will go higher and higher providing good dividends to the institutional investors and retail shareholders. Doing business in India is extremely difficult.

P.S - In stock market forums some people labelled it as "Redemption of the sin of retrospective taxation" (I hope you know about Vodafone's case after 2012.)