• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

MMT card upgrade?

cardex

TF Premier
Got 2 cards upgrade offer today on mobile app, rubyx and MMT visa signature as an upgrade to existing ICICI card.

Now I have Apay, platinum and coral rupay cards.
I cannot make out against which card I am being upgraded?

Is it advisable to upgrade on Apay card considering that is LTF, and benefits of Amazon purchases?

If Platinum, limit is paltry 40k.

Should I opt in for MMT card? I already have MMT black membership, will joining benefits be added to that account?

Regarding Dreamfolks card which is bundled, the card is free but we have to pay for lounge access, domestic or outside India?

If I apply on 1st Jan 2024 is that advisable instead of applying in this month? Like quarter or yearly lounge access calculations?

Need suggestions should I go for it.

Thanks

Last edited:

NAB

TF Premier
Rubyx will mostly chargeable upgrade in iMobile upgrade. Avoid it. You can get it LTF.

MMT Signature will cost 2500+Tax, Good for Airport and Railway Lounge access. 1500 Rs in your MMT account.

Any Upgrade in ICICI will not close the old card. You will be able to use old and new cards. Still, If you want you can check on Internet Banking which card is being upgraded.

Also, with the upgrade, they will revise your existing credit limit. So expect a good LE with the upgrade.

Dreamfolks card has 1 International Lounge/Spa access per year with an MMT Signature card.

cardex

TF Premier
Rubyx will mostly chargeable upgrade in iMobile upgrade. Avoid it. You can get it LTF.

MMT Signature will cost 2500+Tax, Good for Airport and Railway Lounge access. 1500 Rs in your MMT account.

Any Upgrade in ICICI will not close the old card. You will be able to use old and new cards. Still, If you want you can check on Internet Banking which card is being upgraded.

Also, with the upgrade, they will revise your existing credit limit. So expect a good LE with the upgrade.

Dreamfolks card has 1 International Lounge/Spa access per year with an MMT Signature card.

I checked on the website, there it seems I am not able to select the Amazon pay card to upgrade, it keeps showing the primary card, platinum chip.
Also a new upgrade card offer, Mine visa credit card along with rubyx and MMT.

Mine upgrade is not available through imobile app, only visible on netbanking.

This is so confusing. What is this Mine card? Never heard about it. 149 per month + gst

NAB

TF Premier
I checked on the website, there it seems I am not able to select the Amazon pay card to upgrade, it keeps showing the primary card, platinum chip.
Also a new upgrade card offer, Mine visa credit card along with rubyx and MMT.

Mine upgrade is not available through imobile app, only visible on netbanking.

This is so confusing. What is this Mine card? Never heard about it. 149 per month + gst
Better go with MMT Signature, One-time charge, International Lounge Access, Railway Lounge Access, works on ICICI offers, kinda LTF, Visa Signature Card.

Mostly they do upgrade the limit with the new card, so don't worry about it.
If not now, then will surely get in a short time.

drsel

TF Legend

MakeMyTrip signature card was delivered to my house but we were not at home so I send it back.

if you do not accept the card and do not activate it, can they still charge 2950 joining fee?

NAB

TF Premier
MakeMyTrip signature card was delivered to my house but we were not at home so I send it back.

if you do not accept the card and do not activate it, can they still charge 2950 joining fee?
Nope. If card isn't activated then no charges.
You can request reattempt the delivery.

drsel

TF Legend
Nope. If card isn't activated then no charges.
You can request reattempt the delivery.
I don't think this card is worth 2950 because you get only 1500 make my trip cash, so 1450 extra payment.

Also the 2500 travel voucher is hardly anything compared to the cost of the holiday packages, where the MakeMyTrip markup is around 10--15%.
And the 2500 voucher can only be used on a MMT holiday package, not on flights or hotels

Last edited:

NAB

TF Premier
I don't think this card is worth 2950 because you get only 1500 make my trip cash, so 1450 extra payment.

Also the 2500 travel voucher is hardly anything compared to the cost of the holiday packages, where the MakeMyTrip markup is around 10--15%.
And the 2500 voucher can only be used on a MMT holiday package, not on flights or hotels
1450 extra is one time. International/Domestic Lounge access and Railway Lounge access is most attractive feature here. + 1 Spa

Ofcourse this is MMT card, so rewards are designed for the MMT use.

Not bad even of you can use 1 Spa session and International Lounge.

drsel

TF Legend
1450 extra is one time. International/Domestic Lounge access and Railway Lounge access is most attractive feature here. + 1 Spa

Ofcourse this is MMT card, so rewards are designed for the MMT use.

Not bad even of you can use 1 Spa session and International Lounge.
Which airport Lounge offers a spa service and what does it include?

drsel

TF Legend

NAB

TF Premier
Thanks this is very interesting.
You can get a head neck and shoulder massage or a foot reflexology massage.
Now we will need to reach the airport 3 hours in advance to enjoy both spa massage and Lounge access.

Is this dreamfolks membership card something like priority pass?
Yup, comes separately 😃

NAB

TF Premier
I was wondering --
1. If these spas will be very crowded with a long wait period
2. If you will get to do BOTH foot reflexology and head neck shoulder massage
1. I don't think so, as this feature is not given to masses as the lounge access. Very limited people have the access to this.

Although I never got a chance to use it, but my fear was what if that's closed/under maintenance at the day of our travel 😁

2. Need to experience and see what they offers!

sahildca

TF Premier

they gave two 1500 mmt cash ( validity 1 year) which can also use for flight booking. 3000 mmt cash makes this card like joining free.

Attachments

• IMG_20231224_145745.jpg
    IMG_20231224_145745.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 32

drsel

TF Legend
they gave two 1500 mmt cash ( validity 1 year) which can also use for flight booking. 3000 mmt cash makes this card like joining free.
That's incredible and ICICI says there is only 1 mmt cash of 1500. Was it a mistake giving you double cash?
I simply cancelled my MakeMyTrip signature card when it arrived

drsel

TF Legend
This is the spa list available but no where on the ICICI bank website or on any of the reviews does it mention "free spa access" for ICICI MakeMyTrip signature card.

It says free domestic Lounge access two times per quarter and one International lounge access per year.
Spa is not mentioned anywhere.

Also make my trip cash is only 1500 one time not two times.
I want to know how you got two times.
was it a mistake?

NAB

TF Premier
This is the spa list available but no where on the ICICI bank website or on any of the reviews does it mention "free spa access" for ICICI MakeMyTrip signature card.

It says free domestic Lounge access two times per quarter and one International lounge access per year.

was it a mistake?

was it a mistake
I received 1500 only once.

Regarding free spa, read the Dreamfolks benefits section on the official website. It's mentioned there.