• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Marriott Bonvoy Dynamic Award Pricing

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Marriott Bonvoy was supposed to move to fully dynamic award pricing from Jan 2023. Has anyone noticed any major changes for points required for redemption at any hotels? I checked for few properties like Mussoorie, Mahabaleshwar, Westin Mumbai etc. No meaningful change for points required for same dates compared to what it was last month. Anyone noticed any meaningful increase for points required for award night?

@TechnoFino @Subhankar @Tejas @jay

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
There are changes but it was not suppose to be drastically. For Mussoorie I personally checked. Some dates are having 40k pts and some at 32k. Usual rate was 30k. It’ll change with the revenue pricing. But if you’re expecting it to be as dynamic as IHG, it won’t be becoming that, at least as of now

Reactions: CVR

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
There are changes but it was not suppose to be drastically. For Mussoorie I personally checked. Some dates are having 40k pts and some at 32k. Usual rate was 30k. It’ll change with the revenue pricing. But if you’re expecting it to be as dynamic as IHG, it won’t be becoming that, at least as of now
thanks..

for dates i checked 26-29 jan extended weekend i am not getting much difference for mussoorie when i checked in Dec and now..

good if points required don’t increase much.. For me MB is critical for valuing Amex points..

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
thanks..

for dates i checked 26-29 jan extended weekend i am not getting much difference for mussoorie when i checked in Dec and now..

good if points required don’t increase much.. For me MB is critical for valuing Amex points..
It’s the biggest one for the people who rely on MR points as far as I’ve observed. And as Marriott is extending the validity of the Elite tiers and taking care of the downgrades so nicely, I don’t think that they’ve a plan to mess up anytime soon

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
It’s the biggest one for the people who rely on MR points as far as I’ve observed. And as Marriott is extending the validity of the Elite tiers and taking care of the downgrades so nicely, I don’t think that they’ve a plan to mess up anytime soon
They dont have the option to mess it up.

Marriott Bonvoy has the biggest foot-print globally when it comes to a loyalty program. So they would know that pissing off their members is not a great thing to do. So it going to be gradual over the years as going forward no one can question when the points increase for any property over time.

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
They dont have the option to mess it up.

Marriott Bonvoy has the biggest foot-print globally when it comes to a loyalty program. So they would know that pissing off their members is not a great thing to do. So it going to be gradual over the years as going forward no one can question when the points increase for any property over time.
so for now in your mind there is no change in how you view Amex MR points to MB conversion?

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
so for now in your mind there is no change in how you view Amex MR points to MB conversion?
I dont see any better option yet :LOL:. So Marriott Bonvoy it is for Hotels or else HDFC Infinia for standalone properties.