• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI Bank Sapphiro Credit Card Lifetime Free Under Alumni Program : Full Details And Application Link

Max

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Filled out the form Friday early morning, still haven't received any call. Happened with some one else, If yes what's the path forward?
Be patient, sit tight. They have a lot of IT issues with their portal, and the entire application process is slowed down as a result. I assume increased volume of enquiries is slowing down things even further, based on my experience below.
  • 8 Jun : I applied via the links provided.
  • 9 Jun : Got a call next from an agent day, however there was an issue with the portal so the agent couldn't take down my details. He called again later that day, got my consent for a CIBIL hit via OTP, then took down my details, and then sent me link for KYC, which didnt work. Had to wait 2 more days for Aadhaar-KYC issues to be resolved.
  • 11 Jun : The agent called me again when the issues were fixed, and this time I was able to proceed to KYC. I assumed now everything was done on my end.
  • 12 Jun : Got a couple of calls next day again to validate application details from another ICICI team (this person didnt have the details I had shared earlier, somehow they were missed/lost - I assumed he had them already so asked them to go ahead) - when I reviewed the application form later, it turned out he has used some old address, likely coming from Aadhar DB (deep breaths, no point fuming)
  • 13 Jun : A day later card was approved and is showing up in my icici app, got SMS with tracking details.
  • 15 Jun : Received the card.
TLDR : Basically, be patient, they haven't sorted out the process, IT systems and issues with a new LTF alumni card. I guess if you dont get a call within a week, fill up the form again.

P.S :
  1. I agree a self serve portal would be more efficient for everyone, however it takes time to build or modify IT systems, and maybe ICICI is fixing issues in the background, and in the meantime using agents to support applications. Please dont try to rush through, let the agent help you out.
  2. For folks requesting more colleges to be added, I am sure it's a matter of time and they will add more colleges with time once these teething issues are sorted. The same happened with DCB as well.

Last edited:

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Be patient, sit tight. They have a lot of IT issues with their portal, and the entire application process is slowed down as a result. I assume increased volume of enquiries is slowing down things even further, based on my experience below.
  • 8 Apr : I applied via the links provided.
  • 9 Apr : Got a call next from an agent day, however there was an issue with the portal so the agent couldn't take down my details. He called again later that day, got my consent for a CIBIL hit via OTP, then took down my details, and then sent me link for KYC, which didnt work. Had to wait 2 more days for Aadhaar-KYC issues to be resolved.
  • 11 Apr : The agent called me again when the issues were fixed, and this time I was able to proceed to KYC. I assumed now everything was done on my end.
  • 12 Apr : Got a couple of calls next day again to validate application details from another ICICI team (this person didnt have the details I had shared earlier, somehow they were missed/lost - I assumed he had them already so asked them to go ahead) - when I reviewed the application form later, it turned out he has used some old address, likely coming from Aadhar DB (deep breaths, no point fuming)
  • 13 Apr : A day later card was approved and is showing up in my icici app. No tracking details about card being mailed, but I assume the card will show up in a week or so.
TLDR : Basically, be patient, they haven't sorted out the process, IT systems and issues with a new LTF alumni card. I guess if you dont get a call within a week, fill up the form again.

P.S :
  1. I agree a self serve portal would be more efficient for everyone, however it takes time to build or modify IT systems, and maybe ICICI is fixing issues in the background, and in the meantime using agents to support applications. Please dont try to rush through, let the agent help you out.
  2. For folks requesting more colleges to be added, I am sure it's a matter of time and they will add more colleges with time once these teething issues are sorted. The same happened with DCB as well.
Apr or Jun?

codenerd

TF Ace
It wasn't allowing to update address fetched from aadhar. Let's see if I get a call tomorrow for this .

It's really frustrating as I have both savings account and cc with icici since last 12 years, but I had to dictate everything to the agent and now this aadhar fiasco 🤬
Absolutely true. Same happened with me.

codenerd

TF Ace
All those asking about which variant (even I asked :ROFLMAO: ),
1686648387824.png
I applied and got a call the very next day. Whole process was instant and seamless. Filled form over call, took basic details even though I am an old customer of ICICI bank and hold their APay card and saving account since few years.

Was asked to upload degree certificate in place of salary slip. The lady herself mentioned that I have 20lakh + salary annually to which I just said yes. SO guys even if you dont have, just say yes. I dont think they will check. They didnt ask for any salary slip or anything. Aadhar verirication was also instant and hassle free. Did vkyc instantly nad there also i just had to confirm that my salary was 20lakh+ (ICICI rep who was filling my form only asked me to tell the same if asked about salary during vkyc).
KYC done successfully instantly and now I am really excited for approval message. I just hope they dont check my actual salary and all using PAN because if they do I def wont match their criteria for Sapphiro but since it is a special alumni basec campaign where salary shouldnt matter, I am hoping for the best! Will update you all once I get approval confirmation. Did all this process yesterday at around 4-5pm ad was told within a day I will be confirmed about my card status.

Mars_rover

TF Select
VIP Lounge
They will call you again. Infact other agents will also call you even if one agent is already processing your ap

They will call you again. Infact other agents will also call you even if one agent is already processing your application.
I missed the call at around 12, I tried calling back them on the same number but they don’t pickup, will they call back today, or should I fill a new form again?

mjr

TF Buzz
VKYC done on Saturday and got this message today morning. CIBIL hit also done on Saturday. Can't track the status with this number also.

Dear Customer, your ICICI Bank Credit Card Application xxxxxxxxxx is under process. The final status will be communicated to you within 15 days.

codenerd

TF Ace
VKYC done on Saturday and got this message today morning. CIBIL hit also done on Saturday. Can't track the status with this number also.

Dear Customer, your ICICI Bank Credit Card Application xxxxxxxxxx is under process. The final status will be communicated to you within 15 days.
I too got this message few mins back! Cant wait 15 days! Getting impatient to get approval for this card I dont know why!:ROFLMAO:

WandereR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I just got a notification from CIBIL about a new inquiry. I also have a pnb application in proces. Can anyone confirm if this second one is by ICICI or not (Already got one on the day application was submitted)? Also, I haven't received any SMS :/