• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

LOT Polish Delhi-Warsaw flight

churn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Planning to travel from Delhi to Warsaw in June. What is the best way to get a reward ticket on LOT?
Biz/Eco? Dates?

If you can specify a date, its very easy to check.

If economy, the cheapest is AA miles. But from an Indian CC perspective, the other options would be to check Turkish or Lifemiles for a direct flight (United will be a little expensive using miles). For other options (1 stop) Avios would be a good point to check via Aer Lingus and Iberia.

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Biz/Eco? Dates?

If you can specify a date, its very easy to check.

If economy, the cheapest is AA miles. But from an Indian CC perspective, the other options would be to check Turkish or Lifemiles for a direct flight (United will be a little expensive using miles). For other options (1 stop) Avios would be a good point to check via Aer Lingus and Iberia.
Premium Economy.
Not yet sure of the exact dates at this point of time but most likely it should be in the last week of June.

churn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
For premium economy, the number of miles you will use may not be worth for the travel (at least from a united perspective). Even for Turkish, I think you will have a different option. I know very little about one world alliance. My advice would be to move to Biz or economy.

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
For premium economy, the number of miles you will use may not be worth for the travel (at least from a united perspective). Even for Turkish, I think you will have a different option. I know very little about one world alliance. My advice would be to move to Biz or economy.
LOT is in Star Alliance and is under the same FF program as Lufthansa group. The problem is I haven't seen much people who travel on LOT, particularly in India. Their business class product is not worth it to be honest (similar product as Air India). So economy seems to be the most likely option in that case if Premium Economy is not worth the miles.

Before Covid, I used to travel on Aeroflot for flights to Europe as they used to be cheaper compared to most other options if paying by cash.

bombayduckling

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
For what it's worth, I was pleasantly surprised by the soft and hard product on my LOT economy flights from Mumbai to Berlin via Warsaw and then from Warsaw to Madrid.
Just FYI, if you have Krisflyer miles, there's good availability for June.
Just did a random check. Taxes are only about 3000 rupees.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230314_140622_SingaporeAir.jpg
    Screenshot_20230314_140622_SingaporeAir.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20230314_140638_SingaporeAir.jpg
    Screenshot_20230314_140638_SingaporeAir.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 52
For what it's worth, I was pleasantly surprised by the soft and hard product on my LOT economy flights from Mumbai to Berlin via Warsaw and then from Warsaw to Madrid.
Can we transit to Schengen zone now via UK without UK visa?

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Delhi-Warsaw-Sofia is my only flight I ever had on LOT and tbh I found it way better than most European carriers. (PE was fantastic)

But isn't there any option to book the direct one (LO 72 is the number from what I remember) using Krisflyer.

bombayduckling

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Delhi-Warsaw-Sofia is my only flight I ever had on LOT and tbh I found it way better than most European carriers.

But isn't there any option to book the direct one (LO 72 is the number from what I remember) using Krisflyer.
Ugh my bad! I should have shared this screenshot. Yes of course LO 72 is available and best of all, taxes are even lower!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230314_231334_SingaporeAir.jpg
    Screenshot_20230314_231334_SingaporeAir.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 33

bombayduckling

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Delhi-Warsaw-Sofia is my only flight I ever had on LOT and tbh I found it way better than most European carriers. (PE was fantastic)

Also I completely agree with you about LOT being WAY better than most European carriers. Prior to travel, I was very apprehensive because of so many negative reviews. But all my LOT flights were super.

I've checked Aeroplan, Lifemiles and Krisflyer for LOT airlines. None of them are offering business cabins. How to find the business cabins?

shadow

TF Premier
hey @Walter White did you book your flight to Warsaw? I see a flight from Delhi to Toronto via warsaw on Lot but the layover is only 1.15 hr in Warsaw. Do you think that would be enough to change flight or is there a risk of missing my flight