• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kotak Privy League maxima upgrade offer

avinash2711

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I had salary account with them for 4 years and never got an offer for privy upgrade. Salary was 1.2L+ all the time. But the accnt was never upgraded and I never observed the accnt variant until I was rejected a CC upgrade, and reason given was accnt variant not eligible for the card.

I shifted my accnt to HDFC , and started getting all these upgrade offers for Neon and Maxima. I am using the accnt at Maxima levels so opted for it a month ago but no update from their side.

Survivor35

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I had salary account with them for 4 years and never got an offer for privy upgrade. Salary was 1.2L+ all the time. But the accnt was never upgraded and I never observed the accnt variant until I was rejected a CC upgrade, and reason given was accnt variant not eligible for the card.

I shifted my accnt to HDFC , and started getting all these upgrade offers for Neon and Maxima. I am using the accnt at Maxima levels so opted for it a month ago but no update from their side.
Ohk.

That's how banks are behaving with loyal customers, once you move out you get see all benefits

rohansamal

TF Buzz

Which CC was rejected based on account variant?

shashank08

TF Premier
I have also received the mail for the upgrade.. right now I have Edge savings account with Kotak.
Using this account to keep emergency fund and utilizing ActivMoney facility/

I can see following disadvantages:
  • It will increase MAB requirement to 50K or 100K which is right now only 10K.
  • It will also increase threshold for ActiveMoney sweep-in/out.

Is there any particular benefit of upgrading which can offset above mentioned disadvantages?

kjs

TF Premier
I have also received the mail for the upgrade.. right now I have Edge savings account with Kotak.
Using this account to keep emergency fund and utilizing ActivMoney facility/

I can see following disadvantages:
  • It will increase MAB requirement to 50K or 100K which is right now only 10K.
  • It will also increase threshold for ActiveMoney sweep-in/out.

Is there any particular benefit of upgrading which can offset above mentioned disadvantages?
I am using kotak 811 account for emergency fund for the same purpose that you are using. I am planning to upgrade it to salary account as I think they might free as emergency corpus starts accumulating day by day. I have updated my income details but u never know they might surprise anytime as read in few forums.

For salary account does autosweep amount change ? I think it is configurable. U can talk to CC if they can make any chnages

shashank08

TF Premier
I am using kotak 811 account for emergency fund for the same purpose that you are using. I am planning to upgrade it to salary account as I think they might free as emergency corpus starts accumulating day by day. I have updated my income details but u never know they might surprise anytime as read in few forums.

For salary account does autosweep amount change ? I think it is configurable. U can talk to CC if they can make any chnages
For all salary variants 25K is the threshold..

For privy league, it is 3L which is too much. So I don't think it is beneficial for me to have upgrade.
But if you are planning to get it converted to salary account, then it is 25K for you and will be beneficial.

Following is the snapshot from Kotak's website:

1699689386432.png

kjs

TF Premier
For all salary variants 25K is the threshold..

For privy league, it is 3L which is too much. So I don't think it is beneficial for me to have upgrade.
But if you are planning to get it converted to salary account, then it is 25K for you and will be beneficial.

Following is the snapshot from Kotak's website:

1699689386432.png
Okay thank you for the information. My salary account will be from privy league category itself as salary take home is > 1 lakh