• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Kindly make a thread for reasons for Credit card application of a specific bank

For example as an executive of citi bank pointed out they usually don't prefer providing cards to people holding too many Credit cards like wise what is the criteria for rejection of credit card application of Indusind bank, standard chartered or any other bank. We need to know what they value the most

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
For example as an executive of citi bank pointed out they usually don't prefer providing cards to people holding too many Credit cards like wise what is the criteria for rejection of credit card application of Indusind bank, standard chartered or any other bank. We need to know what they value the most
The reason you mentioned for Citi, applies to Stan C and HSBC as well.
There's no stand alone reason of a bank except the one you mentioned. 80% depends on your whole credit profile (highest credit limit, over all utilisation, card specific utilisation, payment behaviour etc). Rest depends on factorial part such as SBI Aurum where SBI do an weird practice of giving this card to highly designated people or people with fairly high ITR (25L+), but they do consider a little shorter ITR as well sometimes, even when applying on c2c. They don't care even if you do have Infinia with 20L+ limit.
ICICI practice like 1 year vintage of cards to be applied on c2c, but you can always make an exception. Axis do practice the same but I was able to continue with an exception.
Again there's no hard rule which you can blindly go by.

The reason you mentioned for Citi, applies to Stan C and HSBC as well.
There's no stand alone reason of a bank except the one you mentioned. 80% depends on your whole credit profile (highest credit limit, over all utilisation, card specific utilisation, payment behaviour etc). Rest depends on factorial part such as SBI Aurum where SBI do an weird practice of giving this card to highly designated people or people with fairly high ITR (25L+), but they do consider a little shorter ITR as well sometimes, even when applying on c2c. They don't care even if you do have Infinia with 20L+ limit.
ICICI practice like 1 year vintage of cards to be applied on c2c, but you can always make an exception. Axis do practice the same but I was able to continue with an exception.
Again there's no hard rule which you can blindly go by.
I'm from Banking industry there is certain eligibility criteria, some of these are flexible but there are certain threshold requirements which are fixed. In case we are able to pass that barrier our application won't get rejected. The main objective of this post is find that requirement of each bank

AllSeeker

TF Ace
Great but how much free limit they expect?
More than 70% free, higher the better. At the time of application.

In my case 42% was consumed at the time of application in form of on going EMI amount block in my CC limit.

And when I say at the time of application, they pull fresh data from CIBIL, not just your recent statement/bill which you have submitted.

In
More than 70% free, higher the better. At the time of application.

In my case 42% was consumed at the time of application in form of on going EMI amount block in my CC limit.

And when I say at the time of application, they pull fresh data from CIBIL, not just your recent statement/bill which you have submitted.
Are you talking about cumulative limit or limit of every credit card individually?

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
I'm from Banking industry there is certain eligibility criteria, some of these are flexible but there are certain threshold requirements which are fixed. In case we are able to pass that barrier our application won't get rejected. The main objective of this post is find that requirement of each bank
Good that you’re from banking industry. The thing you’re asking that only applies to certain banks which have been mentioned previously by me as well.
The next flexibility thing comes from a bank’s specific card, not by any mean in overall manner. It’s as simple as that.

And if you want the holy grail standard of not being rejected, you need to have pretty high ITR of 75-80L and a decent CIBIL record, you’ll get all the cards except true invite only like Citi Ultima, AMEX Centurion.

Last edited:
Individual card which you are using for C2C application, cumulative limit utilisation needs to be below 8% but this might be not yet applicable in India. I do follow it though since I came to know about it.
But I didn't use any card only to apply , unfortunately they rejected my card application
Have a CIBIL score of 780 , zero missed payment

Subhankar

TF Ace
TF Family
Chief Mod
But I didn't use any card only to apply , unfortunately they rejected my card application
Have a CIBIL score of 780 , zero missed payment
You missed so many points! Your over all utilisation, per card utilisation, the card you applied for, the card you applied against, mode of application. Number of enquiries on that month. Had verifications happened? The limit of card you applied against.