• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Jewellery shop charged customer to pay MDR

CHOCOPANDA

TF Premier
Today I purchased jewellery in a shop. I paid via rupay cc. I did two transactions 50k and 1L. The shop told me to pay the mdr as it is charged to him by bank. I have heard news that Govt is planning to reimburse the mdr to banks. So my query is that can I get my mdr back. If the bank pays it to shop via any circular of RBI. @Abhishek012.

Attachments

• IMG-20240118-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20240118-WA0008.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 243

Enthusiast

TF Premier
I am planning to buy a scooter and visited few dealers and no one agreeing for payment with Credit card for free...All are asking for 2% charges...Any other alternative way to use CC?

anotheruser

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am planning to buy a scooter and visited few dealers and no one agreeing for payment with Credit card for free...All are asking for 2% charges...Any other alternative way to use CC?
You can try rupay cc + upi but I guess that would be capped and again depends if merchant is accepting that.
If you have a card that can offset some of charges, try to negotiate rate to let say 1% or something.
I did a split with merchant at 1% as I had magnus(good old 25k times) and infinia.
But again depends on card you hold

dan873

TF Select
Take quote from all dealers even dealers 8n next district. find the 3 best quotes and negotiate between the 3. put in your idea of purchase through credit card push any of the dealer to accept it

This is the way