• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ITR filing help

Hi Folks,

in my Form-16 got HRA reported by company as 52K , i wanted to file HRA as 1.6L is it okay if i provide the Landlords Pan as my parents pan number .

is there any problem going to happen in future. The it refund will be less than 40K

Please share your valuable inputs.

Thanks

RaviAgl

TF Premier
TF Family
Hi Folks,

in my Form-16 got HRA reported by company as 52K , i wanted to file HRA as 1.6L is it okay if i provide the Landlords Pan as my parents pan number .

is there any problem going to happen in future. The it refund will be less than 40K

Thanks
Did you pay by cheque and do you have proof of payment?

If you will show the amount of rent paid as income in the hands of your parents then you may claim as you desire. The property should be in the name of your parents.

Also, it would be worthwhile if your employer is willing to make the changes for you in Form 16.

I am not sure of the rules and regulations but fact check the amount of deduction available as Hra in your case.

Our Law expert member @gurbina should be able help you out here.

Thanks!!

credit_debit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Better to avoid complications and show the real stuff. IT department is strict these days. Even people making small changes in bank interest are receiving notices.

T
Did you pay by cheque and do you have proof of payment?

If you will show the amount of rent paid as income in the hands of your parents then you may claim as you desire. The property should be in the name of your parents.

Also, it would be worthwhile if your employer is willing to make the changes for you in Form 16.

I am not sure of the rules and regulations but fact check the amount of deduction available as Hra in your case.

Our Law expert member @gurbina should be able help you out here.

Thanks!!
Thanks buddy , will file an itr for my parents today declaring it as income for them

ccgeek07

TF Premier
First thing, IT Department is strict these days. The processing rate is too slow which may be presumed as they're verifying strictly.

If you're showing the rent income on your parent's PAN, you should make sure to add up this to their existing incomes if any.

Ran

TF Neo
Hi, I have already paid my amount payable twice but still only showing Pay now/Pay later option. Can anyone help.

Its been almost 2 weeks. Not showing proceed to preview

ccgeek07

TF Premier
Hi, I have already paid my amount payable twice but still only showing Pay now/Pay later option. Can anyone help.

Its been almost 2 weeks. Not showing proceed to preview
Which ITR Form you're filing? Are you able to see "Taxes Paid" section?

gobsy

TF Select
I made nps contribution on 27th March 2023 in tier 1 account when I opened it with 500 ra. This was credited in nps account on 28the march. But I made 49500 rupees contribution on 28th March which was credited in Nps account on 05th April. So can I only claim 500rs deduction under S. 80CCD2 or whole 50000rs for AY 23-24?

sambit95

TF Buzz
I made nps contribution on 27th March 2023 in tier 1 account when I opened it with 500 ra. This was credited in nps account on 28the march. But I made 49500 rupees contribution on 28th March which was credited in Nps account on 05th April. So can I only claim 500rs deduction under S. 80CCD2 or whole 50000rs for AY 23-24?
If done on 28th March, you can declare it for AY 23-24. You can check NPS account statement if done via apps i.e ETMoney/Paytm Money etc

gobsy

TF Select
If done on 28th March, you can declare it for AY 23-24. You can check NPS account statement if done via apps i.e ETMoney/Paytm Money etc
I checked on account statement on nps website. The 500 rs is reflecting in Fy22-23 statement but 50000 rs is only reflecting in FY2023-24 statement. Can I claim it under previous FY as I made the transaction then but it was credited only this FY?

sambit95

TF Buzz
I checked on account statement on nps website. The 500 rs is reflecting in Fy22-23 statement but 50000 rs is only reflecting in FY2023-24 statement. Can I claim it under previous FY as I made the transaction then but it was credited only this FY?
Now you have put me in the same dilemma. I made one contribution on 29th March but was credited on 3rd April. As per Paytm money I can declare it for FY22-23 but kfintech shows it in FY23-24. tf
It seems I can only claim it for deduction in FY23-24 considering kfintech as the source of truth.

netsec

TF Select
Hi Folks,

Thanks
I would also recommend to have a rent agreement as a proof for future references.

gurubhai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Can you please suggest a good platform to start investing in NPS?
Easy to use and no account opening charges ?