• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

IT SMS on high value transactions for credit card payments

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Surprised to see nobody has posted anything about this yet, I've seen a few posts in different forums and Reddit.

I've myself received it too, SMS from Income Tax Department requesting for feedback on High Value transactions, in this case I checked and it is due to credit card payments.

In my case my ITR is lesser than Credit Card payments made but seems like some people received even when that was not the case also from credit card payments, among other cases like such as large cash deposits or transfers which are a different topic.

RDT_20231227_1318066602027663270596611.jpg

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This seems to be the cause of the problem. Consult a CA and ensure you're filing your ITR right to avoid any issues.
Yeah, correctly filed my ITR. But seems this is an automated SMS that quite a large amount of people are receiving regardless of their ITR and probably a heads up of what's coming up in the near future.

Surprised to see nobody has posted anything about this yet, I've seen a few posts in different forums and Reddit.

I've myself received it too, SMS from Income Tax Department requesting for feedback on High Value transactions, in this case I checked and it is due to credit card payments.

In my case my ITR is lesser than Credit Card payments made but seems like some people received even when that was not the case also from credit card payments, among other cases like such as large cash deposits or transfers which are a different topic.

I also received the same sms

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I also received this message last year when I had purchased a car without loan

It is not much of an issue. If your income is more than the transaction value and total transactions done in that FY, then you can ignore this message. I just ignored it and nothing happened thereafter. But my income was higher than this transaction and all other cc transactions combined

This message is like a nudge for you to do something in case there is income-expense mismatch

Bugs Bunny

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hera Pheri Baburao GIF by Zion

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I also received this message last year when I had purchased a car without loan

It is not much of an issue. If your income is more than the transaction value and total transactions done in that FY, then you can ignore this message. I just ignored it and nothing happened thereafter. But my income was higher than this transaction and all other cc transactions combined

This message is like a nudge for you to do something in case there is income-expense mismatch
Don't ignore it, go to Income tax portal and in compliance tab select the relevant answer. If you don't answer they will fine you at one go. The penalties is not worth ignoring the message.

Yugi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

There are already multiple threads on this issue here. Famous thread here : (1) AIS & Credit Card Usage Notice | TechnoFino - #1 Community Of Credit Card & Banking Experts

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

More official information here:

1703703205561.png