• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is there any way to change the SIM owner's name?

Post number 8 has been selected as best answer.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
My brother has a Jio SIM which is in our father's name. Is there any way to change the SIM owner's name from my father's name to my brother's name? Jio doesn't have any provision for the same. Can I port from Jio to another operator with my sibling's documents to do so?

EDIT (15/12/2023): My father went to an Airtel Store with my brother on 12/12/2023. Just did a normal port procedure with my brother's document instead and didn't even let the Store representative know that the number is currently in our father's name. And, today, 15/12/2023, the number is ported successfully to Airtel Prepaid and the number is in my brother's name! So, yes, this "port out to another operator" trick still works.

Last edited:

asahi

TF Premier
My brother has a Jio SIM which is in our father's name. Is there any way to change the SIM owner name from my father's name to my brother's name? Jio doesn't have any provision for the same. Can I port from Jio to another operator with my sibling's documents?
Simple port to another network with your siblings documents, it worked for me, my 1st sim Airtel with my dad’s id, i ported to bsnl using my Aadhar it worked, still I’m using that number as primary

CosmicCat

TF Premier
Simple port to another network with your siblings documents, it worked for me, my 1st sim Airtel with my dad’s id, i ported to bsnl using my Aadhar it worked, still I’m using that number as primary
Nice. How long ago did you do that? Asking because I'm not sure if there have been new rules passed ever since.

D₹V

TF Prestige
My brother has a Jio SIM which is in our father's name. Is there any way to change the SIM owner's name from my father's name to my brother's name? Jio doesn't have any provision for the same. Can I port from Jio to another operator with my sibling's documents to do so?
Just PORT it to different operator & give new person's document.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
Just PORT it to different operator & give new person's document.
I've come across this as the only solution, however the people who have tried it out, did it a long time ago. Any idea if it still works? I'm afraid trying it out because they ask for the plan charges upfront. So, in case the port gets rejected, getting a refund from the point of purchase would get difficult.

D₹V

TF Prestige
I've come across this as the only solution, however the people who have tried it out, did it a long time ago. Any idea if it still works? I'm afraid trying it out because they ask for the plan charges upfront. So, in case the port gets rejected, getting a refund from the point of purchase would get difficult.
Always works bro.

Go ahead.

CosmicCat

TF Premier
So, folks, here's an update:
My father and my brother went to an Airtel Store on 12/12/2023. My brother completed a normal port-in procedure there with his own KYC (with biometric verification), and they didn't even let the Store Representative know that the number is currently in our father's name.

And, today, 15/12/2023, the number is ported successfully from Jio Prepaid to Airtel Prepaid, and the number is now in my brother's name instead of dad's (Verified it in Airtel Thanks app)! So, yes, this "port out to another operator" trick still works.

Also, they didn't pay a penny at the Airtel Store — not even for the SIM card and FRC (First Recharge). After the porting was completed today, I recharged with the regular ₹455 plan in the Airtel Thanks app, which isn't even an FRC plan, and it was successful.

Thank you guys for helping out!

D₹V

TF Prestige
So, folks, here's an update:
My father and my brother went to an Airtel Store on 12/12/2023. My brother completed a normal port-in procedure there with his own KYC (with biometric verification), and they didn't even let the Store Representative know that the number is currently in our father's name.

And, today, 15/12/2023, the number is ported successfully from Jio Prepaid to Airtel Prepaid, and the number is now in my brother's name instead of dad's (Verified it in Airtel Thanks app)! So, yes, this "port out to another operator" trick still works.

Also, they didn't pay a penny at the Airtel Store — not even for the SIM card and FRC (First Recharge). After the porting was completed today, I recharged with the regular ₹455 plan in the Airtel Thanks app, which isn't even an FRC plan, and it was successful.

Thank you guys for helping out!
Even if they know, it'll port put successfully.

There is no magic ✨ trick 🤣🤣.