• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is there a way to return "Replacement Only" Products?

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier
is there a way to return products which show Replacement Only on the product page, and get a refund??

for example: if i buy some boAt headphones on flipkart and i am not satisfied with the product, can i force flipkart to give me a refund?

Not sure about FK but Amazon will do it as an exception on cases to case basis. I bought a led bulb last week which is non-returnable. It turned out to have a different base than what I need. Had a chat with support to say I made a mistake while ordering and would they consider return on an exception basis and the return pickup is scheduled for today with no further questions asked.

The thing is, you cant do it often which will be marked in your account and your future genuine case will also be denied

Last edited:

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier
Not sure about FK but Amazon will do it as an exception on cases to case basis. I bought a led bulb last week which is non-returnable. It turned out to have a different base than what I need. Had a chat with support to say I made a mistake while ordering and would they consider return on an exception basis and the return pickup is scheduled for today with no further questions asked.

The thing is, you cant do it often which will be marked in your account and your future genuine case will also be denied
i have a audio product i wish to return on flipkart. on the website while filling the refund form they showed that the refund is applicable as they asked me whether i want the refund in flipkart (gift card) or original payment method

the product itself shows that it can only be replaced

HimachaliJeeper404

TF Select
VIP Lounge
i have a audio product i wish to return on flipkart. on the website while filling the refund form they showed that the refund is applicable as they asked me whether i want the refund in flipkart (gift card) or original payment method

the product itself shows that it can only be replaced
If you are getting a refund in the form of Flipkart voucher, you should go ahead with this. Sometimes, on some products people do call customer care and the team takes the request and proceeds ahead with refund but the refund in these cases generally can be done as a gift voucher. Haven't seen someone getting the refund amount back to source account.

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier
If you are getting a refund in the form of Flipkart voucher, you should go ahead with this. Sometimes, on some products people do call customer care and the team takes the request and proceeds ahead with refund but the refund in these cases generally can be done as a gift voucher. Haven't seen someone getting the refund amount back to source account.
I was thinking about this but wasn't sure thanks

Are you sure it works on all products even the ones which can't technically be returned for a refund?

VibhavBilgoji

TF Premier
btw should i give any particular reason for the refund so that i have the maximum chances of success

taskmaster

TF Select
I dont think you can return it unless the product is defective. That said i have been able to return them sometimes to Amazon. Havent tried flipkart.

Eye of Ajay

TF Select
VIP Lounge
With FK you can do the same as with Amazon if you have are a Flipkart Plus Premium customer they listen to you more and you have more weight. Besides your order history also matters a lot, more the amount more the weight of your words.

Both "To Source" & "To Voucher" are both options

doraemon

TF Legend
is there a way to return products which show Replacement Only on the product page, and get a refund??

for example: if i buy some boAt headphones on flipkart and i am not satisfied with the product, can i force flipkart to give me a refund?
You can
I have done this with Flipkart when the order I bought was not upto mark and
If was a no return no refund product
Same is case with Amazon as well

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

It all depends on the product if it generic then yes and the problem associated with it. For branded product you can opt for refund with valid reason like my return iphone 14 cause of issue with warranty which he did tear off the seal and opent the box and amazon will refund in 10 days after it pick up. So yeah it possible with legitimate problem.

devilbingo

TF Buzz
Where I live, for some reason they never replace the order, I always get the option to only return even if I want to replace. Asked customer care and they said your PIN code is not serviceable for replacement.

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.