• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Is Amex issuing Companion Cards Now?

SN.M

TF Buzz
is amex issuing companion cards now , last time I spoke to CC , they said that companion cards are being issued to Plat Charge users and not for any other card holders.
what is the spend criteria or eligibility to get a Companion card. kindly advice.

Thanks in advance

jk51

TF Premier

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
is amex issuing companion cards now , last time I spoke to CC , they said that companion cards are being issued to Plat Charge users and not for any other card holders.
what is the spend criteria or eligibility to get a Companion card. kindly advice.

Thanks in advance
Its already a hard bound criteria...
Like How many amex holders are having plat charge ?

Tay

TF Buzz
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Thanks in advance
You could rather apply for a new card which is FYF and at the time of renewal inform that since you are neither comfortable nor it may make any sense to pay for both the cards you would like to discontinue with one. Majority of the times, the lower variant becomes a companion card

SN.M

TF Buzz
You could rather apply for a new card which is FYF and at the time of renewal inform that since you are neither comfortable nor it may make any sense to pay for both the cards you would like to discontinue with one. Majority of the times, the lower variant becomes a companion card
thank you for the response. I have applied for both the cards and they are approved, as per your advice I will use for 1 year and then raise a request to convert mrcc into a companion card.

Reactions: Tay

Tay

TF Buzz
Contributor
VIP Lounge
thank you for the response. I have applied for both the cards and they are approved, as per your advice I will use for 1 year and then raise a request to convert mrcc into a companion card.
Sure, rather than requesting for a companion card, first ask for a 100% waiver of fee on the lower variant card. If they don't listen then suggest closure of the higher variant (where your fee outgo would be more) and then in the end ask for the lower variant to be made a companion card