• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Intermiles vs Krisflyer

korin

TF Buzz
Hello,

I've never used any Frequent Flyer program ever. And in my HDFC credit card rewards portal, I get only two options to convert my points to airmiles.

Can someone help me with their experience and pros and cons of Intermiles and Krisflyer.

Few questions that i have from my side.
1. Which one's better for domestic India travel and which one's better for International travel.
2. Which gives better points to rupee conversion when booking flights.

amit

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello,

I've never used any Frequent Flyer program ever. And in my HDFC credit card rewards portal, I get only two options to convert my points to airmiles.

Can someone help me with their experience and pros and cons of Intermiles and Krisflyer.

1. Which one's better for domestic India travel and which one's better for International travel.
There is no such pros and cons for transfer partner. what u have to choose based on your travel plan/country.
for domestic vistara, for international (south east asia) krisflyer
depend upon card the conversion ration will change.

AakashCJB

TF Select
Hello,

InterMiles???? No. Stay away from that. Do not convert to InterMiles.

1) Domestic- Vistara
International- Kris flyer

2) Completely based on the route and revenue price at that time.
We travel CJB-DEL frequently and requires 6000 Vistara points whereas Cash price for same flight is ₹12,000+

Dexter

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
InterMiles???? No. Stay away from that. Do not convert to InterMiles.

1) Domestic- Vistara
International- Kris flyer

2) Completely based on the route and revenue price at that time.
We travel CJB-DEL frequently and requires 6000 Vistara points whereas Cash price for same flight is ₹12,000+
I do not have vistara flights on my route, which airmiles should I transfer to?

EDIT: (For Magnus edge rewards)

Last edited:

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
Dont Transfer to any program. Directly book via Smartbuy. There is no compulsion to transfer Reward Points to an Airmiles program for booking flights.

AakashCJB

TF Select
You just have 2 airmiles option and if both aren’t flying from your city then you Don’t have other options!

If you don’t have Vistara flights then no use in transferring to SQ kris flyer as well.

InterMiles- STRICTLY DONT

1) maybe redeem it for Amazon PAY voucher and book flights/train via Amazon

2) use reward points and Book flights via HDFC SMARTBUY

Dexter

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Dont Transfer to any program. Directly book via Smartbuy. There is no compulsion to transfer Reward Points to an Airmiles program for booking flights.
You just have 2 airmiles option and if both aren’t flying from your city then you Don’t have other options!

If you don’t have Vistara flights then no use in transferring to SQ kris flyer as well.

InterMiles- STRICTLY DONT

1) maybe redeem it for Amazon PAY voucher and book flights/train via Amazon

2) use reward points and Book flights via HDFC SMARTBUY
Sorry I forgot to mention that I was asking about Magnus edge rewards. Thanks for the advice, I will use it for DCB.

vishalm

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Intermiles is worst ever option. It values each point only at 25 Paisa each and while booking also you have to pay more amount for ticket despite having points in balance.

AakashCJB

TF Select
Intermiles is worst ever option. It values each point only at 25 Paisa each and while booking also you have to pay more amount for ticket despite having points in balance.
Well InterMiles can be redeemed on Etihad airlines operated routes for ₹1+ (On some routes even more) value per point + ₹9,000 as taxes