• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[Info] AmEx doesn't do credit inquiry when one asks for LE

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi, sharing this information with fellow users.

I have AmEx Cards for the last 8 years and there has been zero LE over this time. Since the card was MRCC and Limit was around 4 lacs, it was sufficient for my 4x1000 spends and never bothered with LE.

Recently thought of asking for LE over the call and was asked to share documents over email later. I got LE from 4 to 6 L and no credit inquiry was done. Just sharing my experience for reference.

PS: I am salaried person with all payments on time.

Disclaimer: Rules, process keeps on changing. Further AmEx may still do inquiry depending upon individual cases. So the above may not be valid always.

Last edited:

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Credit inquiry is not done for LE , only for issuance of new cards. For LE , they need income documents if there’s a increase in your income they enhance the limit.

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Credit inquiry is not done for LE , only for issuance of new cards. For LE , they need income documents if there’s a increase in your income they enhance the limit.
Credit inquiry for LE - may or may not be done.

I always believed that it will not be done, but for SCB it was done whereas for AmEx not done.

Hence shared my experience as info for fellow members.

Reactions: BMR