• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Infinia Infinia worthiness

VGisHere

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I went through Infinia Metal Card review and noted some points.

Pros -
1. Unlimited lounge access (domestic, international) for both primary, add-on (up to 3) card holders! (Big pro, need not keep track or multiple cards)!
2. Unlimited Golf games/coaching (not sure how many people actually claim, but would still keep it)!
3. Some ITC hotels tie-up benefits!
4. Insurance cover (definitely worthy)

Reward Rate Structure -
1. 3.3% RP on normal/every transaction.
Redemption - 1% for statement credit, 1.65% for smartbuy shopping, 3.3% for Smartbuy (Apple, Tanishq, Flights, Hotels) + AirMiles conversion.

2. 33% RP for flights/hotels on Smartbuy.
Redemption - 10% for statement credit, 16.5% for smartbuy shopping, 33% for Smartbuy (Apple, Tanishq, Flights, Hotels) + AirMiles conversion.

3. 16.5% RP for Smartbuy (Amazon, Gift voucher)
Redemption - 5% for statement credit, 8.25% for smartbuy shopping, 16.5% for Smartbuy (Apple, Tanishq, Flights, Hotels) + AirMiles conversion.

4. 9.9% RP for Smartbuy (Flipkart, Train booking)
Redemption - 3% for statement credit, 5% for smartbuy shopping, 9.9% for Smartbuy (Apple, Tanishq, Flights, Hotels) + AirMiles conversion.

Cons -
1. High Fees (12.5k + GST) = Rs. 14750
2. Welcome/Renewal Benefit = 12.5k points (recovered only if used on Smartbuy for Apple/Tanishq/Flights/Hotels OR Airmiles conversion) (big con)
3. Capping of payment up to 70% of the price with RPs
4. Very high NRV eligibility criteria (filters out big chunk)
5. Capping for Smartbuy transactions (15k per month) (so if you book hotel/flights for 45k, that's it!)
6. Forex markup - 2% + GST (higher than bunch of cards in market)
7. High fee waiver criteria (10L)
8. Capping for insurance transactions (5k per day, i.e., 1.5L spend)
9. Rent payment RP (Not eligible) + charges 1% extra
10. Redemption capping - 1.5L RP for flights/hotels; 50k for Tanishq per month; 50k against statement balance

So, after all these Cons, I'm wondering why are some people still going for Infinia card?
Is it only the unlimited domestic/international lounge access for self and add on card holders?
Or am I missing something basic here?
What strategies do people use to maximise benefit out of this card?
For people holding Axis Magnus, does this card make sense at all (except for lounge access)?

Last edited:

iROS

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I currently have Axis Magnus for Burgundy (5:4) as LTF with good limit. I was planning to apply for HDFC DCB Metal hoping that in near future I might get upgraded to HDFC Infinia.My CC spends are 6L to7L per annum approx excluding rent. Is HDFC Infinia worth the hustle and more rewarding compared to Axis M4B. My genuine/honest question to all my fellow TF users.
Thanks in advance.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I currently have Axis Magnus for Burgundy (5:4) as LTF with good limit. I was planning to apply for HDFC DCB Metal hoping that in near future I might get upgraded to HDFC Infinia.My CC spends are 6L to7L per annum approx excluding rent. Is HDFC Infinia worth the hustle and more rewarding compared to Axis M4B. My genuine/honest question to all my fellow TF users.
Thanks in advance.
M4B is a good card for redemption.

Infinia excels with Smartbuy as on date and it's reward rate is high comparative with M4B. If you're really getting Infinia as an upgrade or pre approved you can chose both, anyways you get Infinia FYF.

For more detailed explanation you can browse through multiple threads on forum.

iROS

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
M4B is a good card for redemption.

Infinia excels with Smartbuy as on date and it's reward rate is high comparative with M4B. If you're really getting Infinia as an upgrade or pre approved you can chose both, anyways you get Infinia FYF.

For more detailed explanation you can browse through multiple threads on forum.
Nope, i will not get HDFC Infinia as i am not eligible for same. That is the reason i was thinking of applying HDFC DCB and hope to get upgraded to Infinia in near future.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Nope, i will not get HDFC Infinia as i am not eligible for same. That is the reason i was thinking of applying HDFC DCB and hope to get upgraded to Infinia in near future.
Just take DCB Metal if you’re eligible and if you can hit milestones that will be a good card. And by the time you can get Infinia and it’s not devalued that can be a good option. (Getting Infinia this way is not easy). So enjoy DCB till then.