• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Indusind Bank NOT providing proper NOC for closed Credit Card. Looks like the supposedly closed Card is still working😰😰😰

mukundstud

TF Premier
I gave a request to Indusind Bank customer care over email, to close my Credit Card in the start of April. I got the confirmation from Indusind Bank over mail, that my card has been successfully closed on 30th April. The Indusind Bank CC Account is also being shown as 'closed' in my CIBIL/Experian reports. But, I asked them 2 times over mail, to send NOC letter confirming the closure of my credit card account. Both of the times, they replied that I should consider the closure confirmation email as the official NOC. To test if my card has really been closed, I made a payment of Re 1 to my closed card, and I got a confirmation email from Indusind bank that Re 1 has been successfully credited to my closed card account! Also, I tried to load Re 1 in my Amazon wallet through my closed card, and I was redirected to the Indusind Bank's OTP page!! Indusind bank sent me OTP over SMS and Email to approve the transaction!!! I instantly cancelled the transaction and came back here to get explanations and advises from you....

Bob78900

TF Premier
I gave a request to Indusind Bank customer care over email, to close my Credit Card in the start of April. I got the confirmation from Indusind Bank over mail, that my card has been successfully closed on 30th April. The Indusind Bank CC Account is also being shown as 'closed' in my CIBIL/Experian reports. But, I asked them 2 times over mail, to send NOC letter confirming the closure of my credit card account. Both of the times, they replied that I should consider the closure confirmation email as the official NOC. To test if my card has really been closed, I made a payment of Re 1 to my closed card, and I got a confirmation email from Indusind bank that Re 1 has been successfully credited to my closed card account! Also, I tried to load Re 1 in my Amazon wallet through my closed card, and I was redirected to the Indusind Bank's OTP page!! Indusind bank sent me OTP over SMS and Email to approve the transaction!!! I instantly cancelled the transaction and came back here to get explanations and advises from you....
You should not do the transaction with closed card. By mistake i did the same thing with my icici card and it took me 1 month to close the card Fully. And also i told them to return me the excess amount after that they closed the card and also reported to the cibil.

mukundstud

TF Premier
You made the card active ...
I did the transaction after the bank reported to CIBIL that my card has been closed. The bank also sent me an email confirming that my card account has been successfully closed on 30 April and I should treat that email as the official NOC for card closure. Also, I did not make any debit transaction. I only made a credit transaction of Re 1 to check what happens to a card account after it has been successfully closed. How can a bank re activate my card account after reporting it as closed to CIBIL and sending me an NOC confirmation over email? That too over a single rupee credit transaction?

misteramit

TF Select
don't do any txn on closed CC accounts , also try to turn off all card TXN types and usages set to 0 so it cannot be misused, consider the email received from bank as NOC

I mean turn off the card before CC closure request