• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Income tax 10 lac limit for SFT... Is it for bill payments or Include all payments made before bill generation also... What is the rule ?

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
All payments even before bill generation are included..

Further all payments in different credit cards of same bank are reported and consolidated by bank..
Like if you have 3 axis Bank credit cards all payments made if cumulatively exceed 10 lacs will be reported by Axis Bank to IT Department and these will reflect in AIS
I checked. I have 3 cards and the payment does cross more than 10 L. Yet none of the cards crossed 10L so nothing got reported in the AIS.

But, my question is different. It is more of what happens if we pay bill before bill generation date.

sanju8486

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I checked. I have 3 cards and the payment does cross more than 10 L. Yet none of the cards crossed 10L so nothing got reported in the AIS.

But, my question is different. It is more of what happens if we pay bill before bill generation date.
It should have been reported, Lucky You .

And Yes, all Payments done are included.. even before bill Generation are included .

Zarieal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Deposits/Credits made towards credit card account of Rs 1 Lakh (Cash) or Rs 10 Lakh (EFT), irrespective of billing date/due date are reported by issuing bank/ NBFC (per customer id) in the SFT.

Now even if its reported, nothing happens and you might get a notice in future to justify these payments and source of funds to make these payments.

Depending on your justification, the AO may be satisfied or can penalise you for wrong declaration of income in the return.

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Deposits/Credits made towards credit card account of Rs 1 Lakh (Cash) or Rs 10 Lakh (EFT), irrespective of billing date/due date are reported by issuing bank/ NBFC (per customer id) in the SFT.

Now even if its reported, nothing happens and you might get a notice in future to justify these payments and source of funds to make these payments.

Depending on your justification, the AO may be satisfied or can penalise you for wrong declaration of income in the return.
Hi, my question is different. I said if one pays before the bill before bill generation date does it get still counted?

Zarieal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi, my question is different. I said if one pays before the bill before bill generation date does it get still counted?
Yes, as I mentioned that all payments/credits irrespective of dates made towards credit card accounts are considered for calculation. For this, the bill date doesn't matter. You can swipe for 10L in the morning and settle by night and this would be reported in SFT as you made payment/credit of 10L in your card account. I hope I was able to clarify here.

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Just to be clear on this part. So are you quoting this by experience or it is in theory?
Yes, as I mentioned that all payments/credits irrespective of dates made towards credit card accounts are considered for calculation. For this, the bill date doesn't matter. You can swipe for 10L in the morning and settle by night and this would be reported in SFT as you made payment/credit of 10L in your card account. I hope I was able to clarify here.

Zarieal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I don't think it is about luck. That's how the system is designed.
There is no luck in reporting. All financial institutions (FIs) and NBFCs are regulated by FIU (Financial Intelligence Unit) and share data with the FIU which shares with CBDT and other govt. authorities (ED, DRI, CBIC etc.). The SFT reporting is automated based on the set of guidelines (Eg. FD/TD for 10L or above, payments towards CC account of 10L electronically or 1L+ in cash).
However, this reporting is Customer ID based and doesn't take the aggregate of all payments made towards that PAN/Aadhaar in a FY which I think govt. will fix in 2-3 years.

Zarieal

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Just to be clear on this part. So are you quoting this by experience or it is in theory?
Both. By theory and experience buddy. If you aren't satisfied, you can cross-check with a CA or an authority who manages compliance and due diligence in a bank/nbfc/stock broker. It's the same all across.

wokrishnahai

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Both. By theory and experience buddy. If you aren't satisfied, you can cross-check with a CA or an authority who manages compliance and due diligence in a bank/nbfc/stock broker. It's the same all across.
There is no offense given, none taken here. I was just confirm details to be sure about.