• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ICICI is in a downward spiral

lpshreyas

TF Buzz
There's enough talk about the unimaginable glitch that happened yesterday, so I'll skip that. But ICICI has been in a downward cycle for a while now.

Just last month, I received my renewed card but the night before (around 2am of all things!) they sent me ELEVEN emails. Each for turning off a transaction. Now, I knew that my renewed card was due to come but the bank hadn't sent me any intimation that my card was in transit. So, I woke up to 11 emails and obviously my first thought was fraud. Luckily, I didn't panic and checked to see if everything was in place. And a day later, when the card arrived, I understood why this had happened.

Fast forward to a couple of days to the due date of my bill. No email or sms. I am used to ICICI sending the email a week late but this time, it never came. Not the email, nor the sms. I am usually on top of all my bills but this isn't acceptable. Good thing that amazon sends a message as well, or I might have missed it as I have been traveling this month.

And today, I saw a post on reddit about someone's transaction not being converted to EMI. They got charged the entire amount even though the statement identifies the transaction as an EMI.

I'm seriously reconsidering keeping my card because who knows where this bank is headed. Certainly not upward.

vishalprasad

TF Buzz
My e-mail is linked to my bank but it still doesn't show up in i-mobile or net banking, due to which i am unable to raise service requests like family banking and many others. Customer Care and RM have ZERO clue about this. They just keep on saying that its already linked.

Transpointer

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
We all need to remove all of our money from Private Banks all at once. Imagine if the whole Technofino community actually did it?
We all create a basic account in SBI and on the 1st of May move all of our funds into the SBI Account.

Maybe this will actually cause private banks to become a but more desperate and give better quality service and better credit cards and offers again.

Mpautobe

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
We all need to remove all of our money from Private Banks all at once. Imagine if the whole Technofino community actually did it?
We all create a basic account in SBI and on the 1st of May move all of our funds into the SBI Account.

Maybe this will actually cause private banks to become a but more desperate and give better quality service and better credit cards and offers again.
Is it possible??
I dont think this will work on bro...Thy wont change..
Did Axis changed!!!, still charging charges..still continuing devaluation...
Govt bank has not changed/improved too..

lpshreyas

TF Buzz
I wish SBI would do the same. I haven't experienced their credit card service is but they really need to up their banking service game. I almost get surprised when they actually end up doing what I asked them to do. That shouldn't be any bank's status quo

shivamk

TF Premier

Conversely I had a very bad experience with SBI where the retention team first promised annual fee waiver and later denied it. Even they blocked my card when I raised a complaint.
Thread: https://www.technofino.in/community/posts/622219/

• Sad
Reactions: NTT

Transpointer

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is it possible??
I dont think this will work on bro...Thy wont change..
Did Axis changed!!!, still charging charges..still continuing devaluation...
Govt bank has not changed/improved too..
It might work. There are around 30k members on this forum. And if even 15k people were to completely empty their private bank accounts it might make a difference. Maybe it would become a trend lol. @TechnoFino does have a pretty large social media presence on YouTube and twitter

Transpointer

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Conversely I had a very bad experience with SBI where the retention team first promised annual fee waiver and later denied it. Even they blocked my card when I raised a complaint.
Thread: https://www.technofino.in/community/posts/622219/
I wish SBI would do the same. I haven't experienced their credit card service is but they really need to up their banking service game. I almost get surprised when they actually end up doing what I asked them to do. That shouldn't be any bank's status quo
This is not even about SBI. It is about teaching private banks a lesson. You could move the funds to any government bank you want. I just gave an example of SBI. I obviously don’t expect government banks to provide the same service as Private Banks but I expect the Private banks to do better than they are right now.

shivamk

TF Premier
This is not even about SBI. It is about teaching private banks a lesson. You could move the funds to any government bank you want. I just gave an example of SBI. I obviously don’t expect government banks to provide the same service as Private Banks but I expect the Private banks to do better than they are right now.
I got your sentiment. What I meant to say was that the services offered by most banks are far below the standards they should have provided.

shrewdoc

TF Ace
It might work. There are around 30k members on this forum. And if even 15k people were to completely empty their private bank accounts it might make a difference. Maybe it would become a trend lol. @TechnoFino does have a pretty large social media presence on YouTube and twitter
What you're suggesting is Financially and Practically impossible. Count-in the inconvenience people would experience for the next short period of time.