• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

I want to generate my CIBIL score

raghav_mri

TF Buzz
I have recently turned 18 and looking for ways to increase/start my CIBIL score. I know that I can take a FD based credit card but is there any way to generate my CIBIL score

rextg

TF Buzz
Just open a regular or savings max a/c in hdfc depending how much balance you can maintain. Spend via the debit card provided, within 6 months you will get offer for credit card. Do not open BNPL, it sometimes impacts negatively.
Or get a fd card from icici/one card/idfc
Don't look for anything else😉😉
Apay cc is not for under 21, so no chance
I got Apay card even though I'm 20 .pre approved after holding fd based card in icici .
Then after holding Apay card for 1 month got ltf coral rupay card under pre approved.

Daniel16

TF Buzz
In the same boat but have an Axis bank account (Liberty, 1 month has passed) and IDFC wow card (secured card on 5k FD, got it on diwali). Any tips to improve my CIBIL? Currently my CIBIL is NH but experian became 786 due to Flipkart Pay Later (Started in October and the November bill reflected on 5th this month only on Experian not CIBIL idk why).

Piyush Yadav

TF Buzz
Just open a regular or savings max a/c in hdfc depending how much balance you can maintain. Spend via the debit card provided, within 6 months you will get offer for credit card. Do not open BNPL, it sometimes impacts negatively.
Or get a fd card from icici/one card/idfc
Don't look for anything else😉😉
Apay cc is not for under 21, so no chance
Spending with debit card.... Can get a higher chance off getting credit card?
Is it true 🤔 🤔

varun__goel_

TF Legend
Spending with debit card.... Can get a higher chance off getting credit card?
Is it true 🤔 🤔
Yes it is true

The banks AI/system checks your spending habits from your account. If you spend more via dc, the better chance to get a credit card as pre approved. The logic behind this is simple, you can swipe your cc at almost every place where dc can be swiped. Their system will recognize that the individual is capable of earning them mdr. And if lured to spend more than his income, then will help them to earn interest charges too.

Piyush Yadav

TF Buzz
Yes it is true

The banks AI/system checks your spending habits from your account. If you spend more via dc, the better chance to get a credit card as pre approved. The logic behind this is simple, you can swipe your cc at almost every place where dc can be swiped. Their system will recognize that the individual is capable of earning them mdr. And if lured to spend more than his income, then will help them to earn interest charges too.
Means there is no benefit of using upi from savings account... If we only open an account for pre~approved credit card 🤔

Piyush Yadav

TF Buzz
It will also help, but the main ones are balance and dc spends.
I have axis liberty savings account of MAB =25000....
In which I hold balance above 2 lac... Only opened for pre-approved credit card.... It was about 4 month still they don't offered me cc.... And I use this account as my primary account.. Also one thing that i can't use there dc.. Only using upi... Means i have to use there dc for better result 😊

varun__goel_

TF Legend
I have axis liberty savings account of MAB =25000....
In which I hold balance above 2 lac... Only opened for pre-approved credit card.... It was about 4 month still they don't offered me cc.... And I use this account as my primary account.. Also one thing that i can't use there dc.. Only using upi... Means i have to use there dc for better result 😊
I also have liberty, and waiting for pre approved cc. Not holding 2L but around 20-30K, and good dc spends. Around 5 months have passed. In hdfc I got within 6 months