• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

How to get emergency cash?

I want ask something that everyone should know.

Is there any possible way to get cash. when you lost your phone and wallet including all cards.

Any possible way to get cash, specially during night time?

avishj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Is there any possible way to get cash. when you lost your phone and wallet including all cards.

Family, friends, keep some backup cards? Maybe cardless cash withdrawal?

avishj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
let me update my question. We are alone and in some other city and this happens and i am not talking about borrowing money. I meant can we withdraw from our bank account or not.
You can but you need to have valid ID proof, so that you can immediately replace your SIM card. Then try for cardless cash withdrawal?

avishj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
wallet is lost with everything in it.😅🤣
Honestly, unless you can get in touch with someone else, I don't know of any other way. By this logic, any random person could very easily misidentify and misuse our bank account. Maybe with a police FIR, we can go to branch of our bank and that can do something, no idea though.

TheTrickySid

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

At night it's pretty difficult,
You can visit nearest bank in which you have account and can withdraw cash during day, it'll just require your signature.

Else ask any shopkeeper to let you call your relatives/friends and ask them to transfer money to shopkeeper and get the cash from shopkeeper

Last edited:
You can visit nearest bank in which you have account and can withdraw cash during day, it'll just require your signature.

Else ask any shopkeeper to let you call your relatives/friends and ask them to transfer money to shopkeeper and get the cash from shopkeeper
This one sort of helped.

avishj

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Interesting, didn't know one only needed the signature for this!

KulBoy

TF Buzz

If it's home branch, yes helps out, for rest of branches only way to use Cheque book for withdrawal

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Let me add three questions to the mix because I'm curious*:
1) If you lost your mobile & wallet, presumably you would need to file an FIR. Is that possible without any identity proof?
2) Can you block the SIM card without any identity proof?
3) If you went to file an FIR would you feel comfortable asking one of the cops to lend you money and then repay the cop via Paytm (your family or friends doing the repayment on your behalf)?

*All cats are curious. That's how we die. And that's also why we have 9 lives :)

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

To answer your question: I've seen tourists who have lost their stuff getting cash from strangers in the bus and repaying them via PayTM. Happened twice in the last 4-5 years. Was the last bus, so it was night. No idea what they did about FIRs and stuff like that. I think their primary objective was to get to the hotel, then get a chunk of cash (maybe relatives->hotel) and then deal with all the necessary stuff. This was on arrival, so they didn't have stuff at the hotel. The first time I saw it happen I thought it was a scam of some type but apparently it was legit

Last edited: