• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

DCB HDFC DCP LTF - Applied as an unconditional LTF, mailed CC to confirm before I activate. This was their reply, hence apprehension.

Sha03

TF Select
HDFC was pushing me via mails to apply for it's cards. I also needed a HDFC card, so when I checked, it offered me Freedom, Moneyback and DCP. All of them LTF, with a asterisk saying that it's a spend based LTF (smh).

All of them were pre-approved (No CIBIL hit). I wasn't interested on either of them. I wanted a Millenia, atleast. But wasn't offered one. So I left the application form incomplete.

Then, I started receiving n number of calls from executives saying that DCP is the best to get it upgraded to DCB. So I gave in and let the executive assist me as she said she will process my application as LTF (without any spend based condition) (Didn't know that I would've received 1.5k Amazon voucher, had I applied by myself).

I recorded the call and confirmed it on WhatsApp too. I applied and thought of activating the card only after getting a written confirmation on the same from CC.

I wrote to the CC team on this with all details. Didn't get a reply, so escalated to the Nodal Officer. This is the reply I got.

"Basis your email, we have done a detailed review on your credit card account and we wish to inform you that your existing Diners club privilege pricing card ending with XXXX had been converted to Diners club privilege las life time free card"

So, is my card unconditional LTF now ? Or should I ask them to mention it as Unconditional LTF and not just LTF. (My apprehension is also from the fact that there's some "las" before LTF in mail). I have 2 days before it gets automatic deactivation. Sorry for being a paranoid.

HDFC was pushing me via mails to apply for it's cards. I also needed a HDFC card, so when I checked, it offered me Freedom, Moneyback and DCP. All of them LTF, with a asterisk saying that it's a spend based LTF (smh).

All of them were pre-approved (No CIBIL hit). I wasn't interested on either of them. I wanted a Millenia, atleast. But wasn't offered one. So I left the application form incomplete.

Then, I started receiving n number of calls from executives saying that DCP is the best to get it upgraded to DCB. So I gave in and let the executive assist me as she said she will process my application as LTF (without any spend based condition) (Didn't know that I would've received 1.5k Amazon voucher, had I applied by myself).

I recorded the call and confirmed it on WhatsApp too. I applied and thought of activating the card only after getting a written confirmation on the same from CC.

I wrote to the CC team on this with all details. Didn't get a reply, so escalated to the Nodal Officer. This is the reply I got.

"Basis your email, we have done a detailed review on your credit card account and we wish to inform you that your existing Diners club privilege pricing card ending with XXXX had been converted to Diners club privilege las life time free card"

So, is my card unconditional LTF now ? Or should I ask them to mention it as Unconditional LTF and not just LTF. (My apprehension is also from the fact that there's some "las" before LTF in mail). I have 2 days before it gets automatic deactivation. Sorry for being a paranoid.
How much credit limit you got?

aayusharyan

TF Ace

Wow buddy, good catch as LTF.

It has been converted into LTF. In other words, card has been processed as paid card and agent lied.

If you don't get, ask for it.
I have just 3.47L limit on my HDFC card. Based on spends/limit, I am not eligible for DCB. I didn't find such difference between DCP and Regalia/Regalia Gold. I can consider only if I get upgraded card as LTF as my present DCP/Tata neu cards are LTF. I am holding one Add on card too for family. That may be the issue.

D₹V

TF Prestige
I have just 3.47L limit on my HDFC card. Based on spends/limit, I am not eligible for DCB. I didn't find such difference between DCP and Regalia/Regalia Gold. I can consider only if I get upgraded card as LTF as my present DCP/Tata neu cards are LTF. I am holding one Add on card too for family. That may be the issue.
Then fine 😃 because upgrades won't be LTF.

Sha03

TF Select
How much credit limit you got?
3.3L
You will not receive any voucher because your application done by bank employee
Bro It's Unconditional ltf
Missed the voucher. 1.5k yeah. Realised that even when applying. But went through the application with agent as I got a written confirmation from agent saying she'll make it LTF if at all I'm charged. But confirmed with CC team, as I came to know late that agent's written confirmation is nothing.
It has been converted into LTF. In other words, card has been processed as paid card and agent lied.
Happy that the CC team helped me through. Else would've closed without activating.