• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Has anyone gotten SBI Cashback Card based on prior relationships with SBI such as home loan and savings account?

aries

TF Buzz
Has anyone tried talking to BM/RM of SBI and getting the Cashback card based on ongoing home loan and having years old savings account? I know SBI bank and SBI Card operate separately, but surely there must be some benefits of being an SBI bank customer, right? HDFC, Axis and other banks offer preapproved cards to their customers, is there an SBI equivalent of that? I found this link recently, but don't see anyone talking about it - https://onlineapply.sbi.co.in/personal-banking/credit-card

PS, I am strictly talking about Cashback CC and not simplyclick or simplysave

Last edited:
Has anyone tried talking to BM/RM of SBI and getting the Cashback card based on ongoing home loan and having years old savings account? I know SBI bank and SBI Card operate separately, but surely there must be some benefits of being an SBI bank customer, right? HDFC, Axis and other banks offer preapproved cards to their customers, is there an SBI equivalent of that? I found this link recently, but don't see anyone talking about it - https://onlineapply.sbi.co.in/personal-banking/credit-card

PS, I am strictly talking about Cashback CC and not simplyclick or simplysave
The main advantage/disadvantage of reaching to BM/RM in SBI is you will end up getting either SBI SimplySave or SimplyClick credit card irrespective of the original card applied. It is an advantage or disadvantage is a relative question and it differs from person to person.

aries

TF Buzz
The main advantage/disadvantage of reaching to BM/RM in SBI is you will end up getting either SBI SimplySave or SimplyClick credit card irrespective of the original card applied. It is an advantage or disadvantage is a relative question and it differs from person to person.
I already have simplyclick so I don't think they can dupe me into getting another one. With talks of Cashback CC being devalued and harder to get I was wondering if there are benefits for for being SBI customer.

aries

TF Buzz
Just apply from sprint, if you have good cibil history and proper address details, you will get the card within 5 mins via bank acc verf and digilocker, else can take upto 15 days which requires doc submission and vkyc
Address details are proper but a) both home and work addreses are same (self-employed) b) it's a panchayat region 130km away from a tier 1 city