• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Growpital Agricultural investment

saucy

TF Ace
Honestly, it is not feasible to provide explanations here. You will need to consult your lawyers for this.

On a generic note, I can say that there is absolutely no structure or recourse for the investors on how the LLP shall function. Why would someone give away such rights? The closest structure I can think of is the Debenture Trust Deeds executed while issuing NCDs. You can google them. I have attached a random one that I came across. You will yourself be able to make out all sorts of covenants that will typically be required to manage investments from public.

This brings me to the next one... they are raising capital from public. They don't seem to have any registrations with either SEBI or RBI.

Oh, and you sign the LLP agreement! This has its own set of compliance headaches. Who ensures compliance? Do you get indemnity? You designate someone else as the authorised signatory. Is this limited authorisation? Where is this documented?

How are meetings conducted? How are investors represented?

There is no personal liability of the Designated Partners here by design. There are no representations or warranties. Big red flags. (Who negotiated this?)

There could be a hundred more questions. Obviously, I do not have all the information so may be not all of them are relevant. You be the judge of that. But if it was me I would never sign their clause 3.3 where you provide perpetual rights on using your name in any manner whatsoever without prior consent. (I have picked the least troublesome clause as an example)

https://www.bseindia.com/corporates/download/316577/PPDI_Prior/NCD DTD 11th Aug 2021_20210816172742.pdf
Isn't it a decorated Ponzi scheme?

Jack007

TF Buzz
Isn't it a decorated Ponzi scheme?
Nah, I don't think this is Ponzi. The SEBI enquiry is also for the organization structure, there's no mention of any misplacement of funds. They crossed 100 Cr. which is what set the events to unfold. However there might be substantial losses if they are unable to arrange funds for management of crops and farmers which will just make them to close operations and wind up if allowed

iamdhamo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
for taking risk there are only 2 asset classes - Equity or RE

You are a fool to invest for high returns anywehre else
True the tax free and also as part of diversification I had invested. Got a better learning to avoid new age startups for investments

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
True the tax free and also as part of diversification I had invested. Got a better learning to avoid new age startups for investments
yeah... v v short term 30 / 60 day are still kinda ok although not completely risk free.. but kred / trade cred / altgiraff / grip / tyke etc are all seeing defaults.. so invest with risk!

iamdhamo

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
yeah... v v short term 30 / 60 day are still kinda ok although not completely risk free.. but kred / trade cred / altgiraff / grip / tyke etc are all seeing defaults.. so invest with risk!
Vv short term is also risky only. These are invoice discounting or inventory financing. Sometimes they also get defaulted.