• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Get a loan for Bike or pay via Credit card?

Post number 10 has been selected as best answer.

shadow

TF Premier
My friend is buying a bike worth around 1.4-5 lakhs. He'll be paying around 50k upfront and rest will either be a loan or he asked me if i could pay via credit card. I have Hdfc Regalia and Tata Nue Infinity.
What is more beneficial, getting a loan or paying via credit card. Is there any benefit for me?

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier
My friend is buying a bike worth around 1.4-5 lakhs. He'll be paying around 50k upfront and rest will either be a loan or he asked me if i could pay via credit card. I have Hdfc Regalia and Tata Nue Infinity.
What is more beneficial, getting a loan or paying via credit card. Is there any benefit for me?
But why is he asking you to pay the rest? if he had full money why not pay himself? What if the rest payment you made via card and he isn't able to pay you back, you will be left with a huge liability on your name.

shadow

TF Premier
But why is he asking you to pay the rest? if he had full money why not pay himself? What if the rest payment you made via card and he isn't able to pay you back, you will be left with a huge liability on your name.
To make it as credit card EMI. I trust him. And even if he doesn't pay any month or is late in paying, I can front the amount.

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier
To make it as credit card EMI. I trust him. And even if he doesn't pay any month or is late in paying, I can front the amount.
But in that case credit card emi will have more interest rate than a traditional auto loan, you can get a decent bike loan 11-12%pa I'm sure CC emi charges will be more than that. Anyway if you trust him no harm for you. Use infinity considering the recent deval. of Regalia.

P.S - God should grace everybody a friend like you dude.

shadow

TF Premier
But in that case credit card emi will have more interest rate than a traditional auto loan, you can get a decent bike loan 11-12%pa I'm sure CC emi charges will be more than that. Anyway if you trust him no harm for you. Use infinity considering the recent deval. of Regalia.

P.S - God should grace everybody a friend like you dude.
I see. Then there's no point in paying through Credit card. There's one upside though, your vehicle is not the property of bank and you don't have to do anything after the loan ends to transfer it in your name.

P.S - You have to be a good friend yourself to get food friends. He would also do most things for me because he knows I would too.

Pack_of_Cards

TF Premier
I see. Then there's no point in paying through Credit card. There's one upside though, your vehicle is not the property of bank and you don't have to do anything after the loan ends to transfer it in your name.

P.S - You have to be a good friend yourself to get food friends. He would also do most things for me because he knows I would too.
Yes that's an added advantage but hypothecation removal (Bank's name removal) can be done easily with nominal charges but you will save a lot of money in interest if you go by Auto Loan

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
You said u can pay amount in his behalf if he doesn't.. nice .
Unless offer of card for some 5k off or more .

Just take loan man for bike for rest amount.
For lakh amount -
1 year emi would be 6-7k..
15 month 5k
2 year 3-4k .
Rough calculation.

Loan is always good when u can pay anything upfront but buy on loan for usage of money of extra things for earn more .

Take a loan but check intrest rate . U can Pay more down payment from your side 😜 if u wish extra to help your friends.

shadow

TF Premier
You said u can pay amount in his behalf if he doesn't.. nice .
Unless offer of card for some 5k off or more .

Just take loan man for bike for rest amount.
For lakh amount -
1 year emi would be 6-7k..
15 month 5k
2 year 3-4k .
Rough calculation.

Loan is always good when u can pay anything upfront but buy on loan for usage of money of extra things for earn more .

Take a loan but check intrest rate . U can Pay more down payment from your side 😜 if u wish extra to help your friends.
Fair enough. I didn't understand how loan and CC EMI were different. That's why I was asking.
I'm gonna mark it as the best answer.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Fair enough. I didn't understand how loan and CC EMI were different. That's why I was asking.
I'm gonna mark it as the best answer.
With cc emi . Your cc limit is blocked hence high utilisation ratio !
With loan ,you might get better offer in future.

Bike loans are always pre approved . Don't take from hdfc their intrest are damm high