• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Future of Citi Cards:

desaik231

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Recently on my office floor Citi Credit Card sales team came for new cards. Upon asking them about Future of card and what will happen post merger with Axis bank they mentioned:

1. Till expiration date of the Card there will be no change card will continue as it is

2. Once card is expired, you can choose to close the card or get new card with same benifits but issued by axis bank instead of Citi

amit

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Recently on my office floor Citi Credit Card sales team came for new cards. Upon asking them about Future of card and what will happen post merger with Axis bank they mentioned:

1. Till expiration date of the Card there will be no change card will continue as it is

2. Once card is expired, you can choose to close the card or get new card with same benifits but issued by axis bank instead of Citi
1. Use citi card until last date of merger, after u can close the card or transfer to equivalent axis card (Axis will decide)
2. In Feb/March 2023 all CITI card will be transfer into Axis, u dont have to wait until citi card expiry date.

Now Citi is taking your approval for this whenever u applying new card.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

it should in Citi bank thread and i had a word with Citi cs , they confirmed after the merge card will stop working cause citi bank won't exist in India that would happen in June onward 2023.

raj7254

TF Buzz
Nobody actually knows what would happen but based on the interactions with Citi CC, I believe the card would stop after merge. Axis would reach out before that to offer options to move to Axis card (which ones is unknown at this point)

diablorojo8

TF Select
It would be a good power move for axis to either offer lower variant LTF cards (MyZone etc) or offer other cards at a discount or continue the same benefits and same 30k annaul fee reversal milestone etc.

I own a citi rewards where I only have to spend 30k a year (which is not that difficult considering grocery offers or shopping offers) inside a year to remove the annual fees.
But if Axis offers a xyz card with 500 annual fee that can be reversed on 2lakh spends and I already own a magnus, ace & flipkart card I would close my account.

AsB

TF Ace
It would be a good power move for axis to either offer lower variant LTF cards (MyZone etc) or offer other cards at a discount or continue the same benefits and same 30k annaul fee reversal milestone etc.

I own a citi rewards where I only have to spend 30k a year (which is not that difficult considering grocery offers or shopping offers) inside a year to remove the annual fees.
But if Axis offers a xyz card with 500 annual fee that can be reversed on 2lakh spends and I already own a magnus, ace & flipkart card I would close my account.
Our sentiment (most of ours) is exact !!

suhailmz

TF Premier
Citi rewards was my first credit card when I stared working in 2016. Then I got HDCF, SBI, etc and I found it difficult to manage 3 cards. The spending too less back then & I ended up closing the card. Trust me, I still regret my decision of closing the card. Now that I know how to manage spending & stuff, I’m tempted to reapply for the card. But a bit worried about the future. I would like to continue using the card post their merger, but as mentioned by people here; there’s no guarantee to it :/