• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Further devaluation of Intermiles on the cards?

Vineet Kumar

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Dear fellow members!

Since the rebranding of Jet Privilege to Intermiles following the separation from Jet Airways, we have witnessed a series of unfavorable changes In the Intermiles program (erstwhile Jet Privilege). It's undeniable that the Award Ticket Program was a significant draw for many, and its absence left a noticeable void.

One thing that has been looming in the background is the repeated devaluations. Intermiles has clearly lost its foothold in comparison to standard mile memberships offered by airlines and hotels. Not too long ago, air ticket bookings through Intermiles only provided a rather paltry value of 20 Paise (0.20 Rs.) per Intermile.

I currently have around 1.45 Lac Intermiles and was planning to use them for an upcoming trip. However, when I logged into my account recently, I was greeted with a pop-up message indicating that Intermiles is undergoing changes in the value proposition it offers, and full redemptions have been temporarily paused.

Upon reaching out to customer support, I was informed that there's no specific timeline for when the new offerings will be introduced. In the meantime, they're only allowing partial redemptions of 100-200 Intermiles on Miles+Cash products. This has left me somewhat disheartened, and I can't help but feel that the value of Intermiles might further erode.

Nevertheless, there's always a glimmer of hope that Intermiles might surprise us with a better proposition in the future, and I'm holding onto that optimism.

Interestingly, I've noticed some community members expressing interest in purchasing Intermiles. This development raises some questions. What's going on behind the scenes? Can someone shed some light on this matter?

Attachments

• Intermiles New Proposition.jpg
    Intermiles New Proposition.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 26

D₹V

TF Prestige
Dear fellow members!

Since the rebranding of Jet Privilege to Intermiles following the separation from Jet Airways, we have witnessed a series of unfavorable changes In the Intermiles program (erstwhile Jet Privilege). It's undeniable that the Award Ticket Program was a significant draw for many, and its absence left a noticeable void.

One thing that has been looming in the background is the repeated devaluations. Intermiles has clearly lost its foothold in comparison to standard mile memberships offered by airlines and hotels. Not too long ago, air ticket bookings through Intermiles only provided a rather paltry value of 20 Paise (0.20 Rs.) per Intermile.

I currently have around 1.45 Lac Intermiles and was planning to use them for an upcoming trip. However, when I logged into my account recently, I was greeted with a pop-up message indicating that Intermiles is undergoing changes in the value proposition it offers, and full redemptions have been temporarily paused.

Upon reaching out to customer support, I was informed that there's no specific timeline for when the new offerings will be introduced. In the meantime, they're only allowing partial redemptions of 100-200 Intermiles on Miles+Cash products. This has left me somewhat disheartened, and I can't help but feel that the value of Intermiles might further erode.

Nevertheless, there's always a glimmer of hope that Intermiles might surprise us with a better proposition in the future, and I'm holding onto that optimism.

Interestingly, I've noticed some community members expressing interest in purchasing Intermiles. This development raises some questions. What's going on behind the scenes? Can someone shed some light on this matter?
Watching Intermiles Devaluation from Corner Seat 😅.
heyy-babyy-akshay-kumar.gif

vijay15

TF Buzz
RML Group
Intermiles has paused full redemptions. Does anyone have any idea about upcoming intermiles changes if they will devalue or revalue intermiles.