• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

FLIPKART THE BIGGEST FRAUD

Amazon is the lesser evil. My experience with Amazon

1. Ordered a network switch, and got a different model. The product was non-returnable. Didn't raise a complaint. Filed an FIR then sent an email to their customer support with the PICs of the product and PIC of FIR. Received the refund on the call itself. Got to keep the old product.

2. Ordered a high-end PC cabinet (INR 8000 after a discount 6 months back, it had a 3-year warranty): After 3 months there was a minor issue with the cabinet, tried to get to manufactured (they are the top manufacturer in the PC world from Taiwan). A month of emails to and fro but no solution. I talked to Amazon about how can they list a product under warranty when the manufacturer is not honoring it. They took multiple complaints but it was slow, they asked to mail the CEO of the company and share all the screenshots. This time I was frustrated, I filed an FIR and attached everything they asked along with the FIR copy. Things went smoothly after. Got an instant refund of INR 8000. Now the catch was the cabinet's price had jumped to INR 15000. I told them straight up, I don't care, I won't pay a single penny extra. I escalated it. Got in writing that, if I were to order the same product; post return window I would receive the difference INR 7000 in my account. Received another refund of INR 7000. Saved INR 1000 via CC discount during Great Indian Festival. Got to keep both new and old cabinets. It was a three-month-long fight but F*#$ them. The lesson I learned: You can get a refund from Amazon even if it's out of the return window, and I mean 3 months out of the return window.

FIR was unnecessary but it sends a message along with my constant pressure to give everything in writing. They know this guy might go to consumer court and that way they kind of act fair in the process instead of trying to get rid of me.

Flipkart is chindi. It's not even worth fighting with them. Open Box Delivery at least gives a piece of mind when you actually receive a product. Everything before that is really opaque.

Edit: Don't ever rely on phone calls with support. Ask them to send emails of everything they spew out of their mouths. You will be surprised to see how quickly resolutions come just by asking them to send emails. Remember everything on mail, EVERYTHING.
To which email did you send these escalation complains with FIR?

Some people have the tendency to find fault in every good thing. Even in India's most Customer centric eCommerce platform & India's most Customer centric bank. Can't help it.

If only Amazon.in professed being "India's most customer centric company" rather than the "World's"....

And my idea of a good thing doesn't necessarily have to agree with yours. Can't help it.

So ur gf father was in police but now u broke up with her ?
Ohh enough of law enforcement for me. My family is basically Defence and Law Enforcement. I am an engineer though kindda quiet life for me. In 4th grade a girl (her father was in police and my uncles friend) had a huge crush on me, even later in life. She grew up to be smokin hot. The biggest mistake of my life, Im 27 now and every once in a while I reflect on being the biggest moron. anyway there u go.....

Edit: Side story, once in 7-8 th grade she asked me to put my hand on her chest to check her heart beat (I think we were playing doctor doctor and it was all innocent) I said asli doctor chest se ni hath se check krte h and checked it through her wrist. Aaj bi kbi kbi apne baal noch leta hu mai 🤣

Last edited:
To which email did you send these escalation complains with FIR?
cs-reply@amazon.in

Once you get on a call with them, you can mention them and ask them to reply based on the context.

The biggest issue with Amazon is, your case will be handled by a different guy/gal each time you call and by the law of statistics some of these are gonna be a total moron. Just stay calm as you take follow ups.

Bhai bade bade saman (fridge, cooler, etc etc etc) CoD p maga k out for delivery p cancel kar do 8-10 baar m ghode khul jayege
itna layak hi nahi samjhta mai inko (kyuki maine mixer mangwaya tha tutta hua aaya jabki same city se aa rha tha jaha mai rheta hu delhivery se fir maine replace krwaya toh dubara tutta hua aaya fir vohi rakh liya majburi me kyuki 1 mahine me toh pick up karte hai) ye sab chije mai amazon se mangata hu.. aata chawal mangane ke liye sahi hai jiomart :D

itna layak hi nahi samjhta mai inko (kyuki maine mixer mangwaya tha tutta hua aaya jabki same city se aa rha tha jaha mai rheta hu delhivery se fir maine replace krwaya toh dubara tutta hua aaya fir vohi rakh liya majburi me kyuki 1 mahine me toh pick up karte hai) ye sab chije mai amazon se mangata hu.. aata chawal mangane ke liye sahi hai jiomart :D
Had a similar experience with flipkart once. Customer Support ko bi ni gariya skte kya hi kar lenge wo log bi kaam kar the. Kul mila k charas kar dete h ye log kbi kbi

THEY CANCELLED MY 12K PHONE which was supposed to be delivered by 11 ..now stand cancelled by 17th .

They cancelled Nothing phone 1 256 gb variant..same story

now s22 shows dispatch date of 19th .& Delivery of 25th ..which also gonna get cancelled someday by Flipkart..

THE FUGGING fraud Flipkart .. Cancelled their pay later for good.
AMAZON ATLEAST take little extra in sale but deliver if they take order ..

And even being premium account of Flipkart these were Asking 40 rupee for every small order.fugging beggars
in my experience both are good. have order tons of item expensive and usual.. amazon is my go to.. flipkart only when discount seem to be higher vs amazon.been prime customer on both the platform.. regarding cancellation flipkart did changed it policy.. if you return/cancelled a lot.. they do charge fees and might canceled the order.(Flipkart). can't say a lot on flipkart cause i buy 1 year from flipkar vs amazon .. always use a platform to your advantage.. don't like it.. you will find the same product with less discount though.. on offline.. or use combo of card and gv.. (Croma GV)

Ohh enough of law enforcement for me. My family is basically Defense and Law Enforcement. I am an engineer though kindda quiet life for me. In 4th grade a girl (her father was in police and my uncles friend) had a huge crush on me, even later in life. She grew up to be smokin hot. The biggest mistake of my life, Im 27 now and every once in a while I reflect on being the biggest moron. anyway there u go.....

Edit: Side story, once in 7-8 th grade she asked me to put my hand on her chest to check her heart beat (I think we were playing doctor doctor and it was all innocent) I said asli doctor chest se ni hath se check krte h and checked it through her wrist. Aaj bi kbi kbi apne baal noch leta hu mai 🤣
Are bhai bhai bhai ..rona nhi h. Bilkul v

in my experience both are good. have order tons of item expensive and usual.. amazon is my go to.. flipkart only when discount seem to be higher vs amazon.been prime customer on both the platform.. regarding cancellation flipkart did changed it policy.. if you return/cancelled a lot.. they do charge fees and might canceled the order.(Flipkart). can't say a lot on flipkart cause i buy 1 year from flipkar vs amazon .. always use a platform to your advantage.. don't like it.. you will find the same product with less discount though.. on offline.. or use combo of card and gv.. (Croma GV)
I have a very similar experience. Both have been excellent for me..
I have more than 1,100 orders in Amazon and more than 500 orders in FK and total merchandise value crosses 15 lakhs..
Only once I got fake product from an unknown seller in Amazon for which I got refund..( I was suspecting this while ordering hence no surprise for me)

Amazon had been excellent prior to Covid both in deals and cs..I was offered so many gift vouchers in the earlier days when I call CS about some issue. They used to say sorry and give 100GV just like that.
So many refunds ,exchanges, replacements and sometimes they used to tell me to keep the extra items delivered to me when I complained about the same..sometimes replaced and exchanged items also

FK was really bad in the initial days, but after Wal-Mart acquisition, they started giving tough competition to Amzon.
Now deals are better in FK than Amazon.
CS is almost same in both the cases..

Moral of the story :
Buy where you get a better deal and service to your advantage., both are in similar league now, they both have their own strengths and weaknesses, may be in different areas.
Play the game that suits you..

Last edited:
Here's my 2cents based on decade of online order from ecommerce site. The quality of product changes per seller and availability depends on warehouse.

I adopted the policy of opening product when delivery guy comes recording.

Ohh enough of law enforcement for me. My family is basically Defense and Law Enforcement. I am an engineer though kindda quiet life for me. In 4th grade a girl (her father was in police and my uncles friend) had a huge crush on me, even later in life. She grew up to be smokin hot. The biggest mistake of my life, Im 27 now and every once in a while I reflect on being the biggest moron. anyway there u go.....

Singles like me thinking:-
download (1).jpeg
Varna Zinda Too.....

I have a very similar experience. Both have been excellent for me..
I have more than 1,100 orders in Amazon and more than 500 orders in FK and total merchandise value crosses 15 lakhs..
Only once I got fake product from an unknown seller in Amazon for which I got refund..( I was suspecting this while ordering hence no surprise for me)

Amazon had been excellent prior to Covid both in deals and cs..I was offered so many gift vouchers in the earlier days when I call CS about some issue. They used to say sorry and give 100GV just like that.
So many refunds ,exchanges, replacements and sometimes they used to tell me to keep the extra items delivered to me when I complained about the same..sometimes replaced and exchanged items also

FK was really bad in the initial days, but after Wal-Mart acquisition, they started giving tough competition to Amzon.
Now deals are better in FK than Amazon.
CS is almost same in both the cases..

Moral of the story :
Buy where you get a better deal and service to your advantage., both are in similar league now, they both have their own strengths and weaknesses, may be in different areas.
Play the game that suits you..
Forgot to mention the most important bit.. Always I repeat it always, buy from the reputed sellers( a.k.a their own sellers in most of the cases) .. this way we are guaranteed of stock and quality and they get their bigger margins . Win - win for everyone.. If their own sellers don’t sell the product always go for well reputed sellers. After all FK and Amzn are market places and they the transaction to be executed successfully from end to end to get their commission . In most of the cases the unreliable sellers are the cause of the problem..
The only I got duped into , because I bought it from an unknown seller and the product was not available anywhere else..
At the end what I wanted to say, given the circumstances we need to make it work rather than complaining..

Back