• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Flat fee financial planners

Gohio

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Freefincal has a list of flat-fee financial planners on their website.
These folks are legally prevented from sharing BS commission-based investment strategies with us. Has anyone availed of such services?
I am planning to hire an advisor but would like some first-hand feedback/recommendations.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
These folks are legally prevented from sharing BS commission-based investment strategies with us. Has anyone availed of such services?
I am planning to hire an advisor but would like some first-hand feedback/recommendations.
How much you are looking to invest? This kinda service are generally charges upwards of 10k.(i have tried other one)

Gohio

TF Select
VIP Lounge
How much you are looking to invest? This kinda service are generally charges upwards of 10k.(i have tried other one)
I'm okay with the charges. The actual investment will be DIY but I need help with the planning.
Without getting into details the portfolio is < 1 Cr.

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I'm okay with the charges. The actual investment will be DIY but I need help with the planning.
Without getting into details the portfolio is < 1 Cr.
You should ask your question in this FB group.. almost all these planners and most of their customer Is in this group...

bulldozer

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have been using one for more than a year. No complaints so far. It is one from this list only - Melvin.

connection01

TF Buzz
I have been using one for more than a year. No complaints so far. It is one from this list only - Melvin.
I have a corpus of around 1cr I want to strategic and slowly invest.
I want to understand what do they actually help with?

Suggesting which mutual funds to invest in Etc?
I just want to understand what I am paying for, have you found it worth it?

PS: I do have a CA background so I already have a general understanding of finance and stuff.

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

PS: I do have a CA background so I already have a general understanding of finance and stuff.
They will plan the amount of investment and how and when it should be moved between different asset so that you have the required amount when you need it as per your defined goal..
It will move around defining your goal, asset allocation and re balancing.. and general idea about where to invest not exactly which fund to invest

bulldozer

TF Select
VIP Lounge

They will understand your current financial state, your needs, and goals and prepare a financial health report. Based on this, with your corpus/monthly amount, they will suggest various investment (and insurance as well if you are under-inured) avenues. Yes, they will be specific about which MF to invest in. There will be periodic reviews as well.