• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Few queries about Hdfc cc EMI.

Sanjay

TF Select
Can anyone tell me? I have one cc of 75k limit. Recently I bought something on EMI 30k for 6 months 5k each. So my 30% CUR is 22,500. So can anyone tell me how I calculate my 30% now? As 30k is already locked. Do I have to count 30% above 30k now?

Solution
this will happen every time till all the EMI are paid? Just the amount will be changed every time. Like 25k then 20k?
No.

In your current billing cycle,

• regular transactions -> 17.5k
  • purchase something -> 30k
    EMI conversion -> -30k
  • EMI 1 -> 5k.
  • Total = 22.5k
  • Available credit limit = 75k - 30k - 17.5k

In your next 5 billing cycle,
  • regular transactions -> x
  • EMI n -> 5k
  • Available credit limit = 75k - (30 - 5k*(n-1)) - x

In the biling cycle after that
  • Total = x
  • Available credit limit = 75k - x

Your available credit limit is the only thing that changes. For this cycle, it'll be 75k-30k. Since you'll pay the first EMI this cycle, for the next...

Sanjay

TF Select
HDFC doesn't report credit utilisation anyway. And I think has given you the calculation some days ago.

TL; DR: 30K is not blocked, probably 30% limit- used limit = ~ 17K.
ya ya, you told. But when I paid the bill yesterday I can see the amount is blocked. From 30k EMI I paid 5k in the recent bill. Now, 25k is blocked. As I will pay it will go lower. That's why I am asking about the 30%.

Sanjay

TF Select
Don’t know where it is written. But I can see in my app. I have paid my bill fully but the unbilled amount is still 25k.

Also, few months back I asked sumanta sir he replied this

Attachments

• 18718EF1-5B6D-4D7A-AF45-43C57D0FD815.jpeg
    18718EF1-5B6D-4D7A-AF45-43C57D0FD815.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 9

vysakh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Can anyone tell me? I have one cc of 75k limit. Recently I bought something on EMI 30k for 6 months 5k each. So my 30% CUR is 22,500. So can anyone tell me how I calculate my 30% now? As 30k is already locked. Do I have to count 30% above 30k now?
No. 30% will be 22500 itself. Of which 5k will go as EMI. So, you'll have 17500 remaining for other expenses before you reach the 30% CUR.

vysakh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
When the billing happens, there'll be two additional transactions. one will do a credit of 30k and one will do a debit of the first EMI (5k). So the bill would be 47.5k - 30k + 5k = 22.5k.

Sanjay

TF Select
When the billing happens, there'll be two additional transactions. one will do a credit of 30k and one will do a debit of the first EMI (5k). So the bill would be 47.5k - 30k + 5k = 22.5k.
this will happen every time till all the EMI are paid? Just the amount will be changed every time. Like 25k then 20k?

vysakh

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
No.

EMI conversion -> -30k
  • EMI 1 -> 5k.
  • Total = 22.5k

• EMI n -> 5k

• Total = x

Your available credit limit is the only thing that changes. For this cycle, it'll be 75k-30k. Since you'll pay the first EMI this cycle, for the next cycle, the limit will be 75k-25k. The next cycle it'll be 75k-20k and so on, till all EMIs are paid.

Solution

Sanjay

TF Select
No.

EMI conversion -> -30k
  • EMI 1 -> 5k.
  • Total = 22.5k

• EMI n -> 5k

• Total = x

Your available credit limit is the only thing that changes. For this cycle, it'll be 75k-30k. Since you'll pay the first EMI this cycle, for the next cycle, the limit will be 75k-25k. The next cycle it'll be 75k-20k and so on, till all EMIs are paid.
kk. thanks 🙏🏻