• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Exploring the Power of Discounted Gift Vouchers and Credit Card Usage

Hello everyone,

I've noticed a trend on this forum where many individuals are opting to use gift vouchers for their regular expenses instead of directly using their credit cards. One possible reason for this is that they can acquire these gift vouchers at a discounted price, allowing them to leverage their credit card usage. By purchasing discounted vouchers, they can make progress towards milestone benefits and potentially gain even more value.

I would like to reach out to those who follow this approach and inquire about the types of expenses they have directed through gift vouchers, as well as their overall experience thus far.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could also share the website you use for purchasing these vouchers and the credit card you utilize for these transactions.

Thank you!

ANewUser

TF Select
VIP Lounge
The upfornt discount is not that lot 2.5 - 5% and sometime no discount e.g. Amazon.

The main reason to buy GV is accelerated reward.
E.g. Infinia gives 3.3% on regular spends but 5X on Amazon shopping voucher purchase from Gyftr which makes it ~16%.

Axis magnus gives 4.8% miles on regular spend but for Myntra voucher it used to give 10X which is 48%

The website to purchase GV is bank specific Gyftr site. E g. Hdfc smart buy, Axis giftedge, same for Amex and SBI I guess. You can also purchase GV from Amazon with some limitation on payment options.

Best card for GV purchases IMO is HDFC infinia and then DCB.

Last edited: