• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Experian score dropped by 40points after opening new cc account

Dr. Drake

TF Ace
I don't monitor my experian score regularly. However It was 800+ in June. I refreshed today & saw it dropped by 40points. I only added axis select card past month & I noticed sudden experian dropped. Is this normal?

Anybody else experience similar drop with experian

Attachments

• experian.jpg
    experian.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 37

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I don't monitor my experian score regularly. However It was 800+ in June. I refreshed today & saw it dropped by 40points. I only added axis select card past month & I noticed sudden experian dropped. Is this normal?

As we all know, any new credit card you add decreases your credit score by certain points...however, this change is temporary and usually reverts back to an earlier score in 2-4 months.

AsB

TF Ace
My CIBIL dropped by 1 point recently due to strange reasons. I had applied for Slice card long time before. But, the card was unservicable in my pincode So, I didn't bother. A few months later , I received a message stating that my card has been dispatched. By that time, I already knew the wonders done by these BNPL cards , so I cancelled it. Now, a hard hard enquiry, with the name of Northern Arc Cap is shown in my CIBIL, and an account with the same name appears in my CIBIL. It opened in June 16 and closed on July 4. Before this account was reflected I had CIBIL of 771, but after that it dropped to 770. I never used that Slice card even once. Not even set up the pin. I don't know why the account got reflected in CIBIL.
Will there be any more effect on my CIBIL beyond this?

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
My CIBIL dropped by 1 point recently due to strange reasons. I had applied for Slice card long time before. But, the card was unservicable in my pincode So, I didn't bother. A few months later , I received a message stating that my card has been dispatched. By that time, I already knew the wonders done by these BNPL cards , so I cancelled it. Now, a hard hard enquiry, with the name of Northern Arc Cap is shown in my CIBIL, and an account with the same name appears in my CIBIL. It opened in June 16 and closed on July 4. Before this account was reflected I had CIBIL of 771, but after that it dropped to 770. I never used that Slice card even once. Not even set up the pin. I don't know why the account got reflected in CIBIL.
Will there be any more effect on my CIBIL beyond this?
Cibil also matters addition of new credit accounts but don't worry.

Reactions: AsB

Manu624

TF Buzz
Weird ... As I'm having enquiries after enquiries but my Cibil didn't budge
Will indusind bank refuse if I have more enquiries

For 2 year's I used slice...them lazypay,onecard and uni

I first got zest money of 12,000 3 year's back. Then I started taking 3,000 loan to pay electricity and internet....this way I built my credit score at one point to 880. I always got loan from DMI....then came somthing suddenly zest reported many other accounts...7 nahar 2000 or 3000 accounts.

being student with rent income....I take care of household... to my hands on Amazon credit card.

Then in March got axis...then in June got idfc.mu credit score is slowly building even Though I have lots of enquires from 720 to 770 in cibil.

Standard chartered rejected due to location.

Indusind I will apply Today.

Bob applied

Want to apply for HSBC and Citi Bank rewards on line after indusind

Credit Karma

TF Premier

My CRIF dropped 100+ points when I added 2 new CCs.

It was already 680+, so no love lost there 😂

Their explanation was you have two accounts within last 6 months 😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-13-15-44-33-447_com.dreamplug.androidapp.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-13-15-44-33-447_com.dreamplug.androidapp.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 13

AnungUnRama

TF Select

Although most people here have similar experience, I'm yet to experience such deviation in my Experian Score. It has remained steady around 822 for a long time now, although I've regularly added new credit products over the course of time.

AsB

TF Ace
Hdfc relied on Experian only, when Intried to apply for the card just few days before the ban. There was no CIBIL enquiry but an Experian enquiry.

AsB

TF Ace
HDFC do CIBIL enquiries and need good score. Maybe somehow it missed to you.
I am aware. There was only 1 enquiry from HDFC, before the ban. After that, I had already opened an account, and had pre-approved offer. There was no CIBIL hit.
But, the only 1 time where there was a hit was on Experian. The application was rejected, because at that time, I had no Experian score.