• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Downgrade From Magnus: Which Axis Card Should I Opt For?

Invictus

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
As the title suggests. Now that the Magnus is dead, I have moved on to the Citi Prestige + Amex combo for my monthly spending. As such, I wish to close the Magnus and be done with it.

I, however, want to keep an Axis card in my portfolio in case I need to use it for any special offers and I also have a good credit limit (₹10L) with them which I would like to retain. Since the card would typically be used only for these one-off transactions, I would prefer the card to be LTF.

Most of my expenses including rent (₹62k) are on the Citi Prestige and I try to reach the ₹20k milestone on the Amex MRCC via Amazon for utility payments. So I do not have any specific expenses in mind for the Axis card other than the odd bank discount (mostly on Amazon). Which is why I'm for looking for an LTF card as I am not too bothered with the reward points on it.

Does Axis have any LTF offers right now? If not what's my next best option? Something that would offer instant value on a low joining fee.

Thanks in advance.

varun__goel_

TF Legend
As the title suggests. Now that the Magnus is dead, I have moved on to the Citi Prestige + Amex combo for my monthly spending. As such, I wish to close the Magnus and be done with it.

I, however, want to keep an Axis card in my portfolio in case I need to use it for any special offers and I also have a good credit limit (₹10L) with them which I would like to retain. Since the card would typically be used only for these one-off transactions, I would prefer the card to be LTF.

Most of my expenses including rent (₹62k) are on the Citi Prestige and I try to reach the ₹20k milestone on the Amex MRCC via Amazon for utility payments. So I do not have any specific expenses in mind for the Axis card other than the odd bank discount (mostly on Amazon). Which is why I'm for looking for an LTF card as I am not too bothered with the reward points on it.

Does Axis have any LTF offers right now? If not what's my next best option? Something that would offer instant value on a low joining fee.

Thanks in advance.
As of now Neo is ltf, if you just want for bank discount offers.

Invictus

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Thanks, just saw that.

I forgot to mention, that I use an Airtel Broadband connection at home and I also have an upcoming domestic trip in December for which I need to book a return flight ticket.

Would going for the Airtel Axis card or the basic Vistara card make any sense in that case?

P B R G

TF Ace
Axis usually don't allow downgrade/ upgrade to co-branded cards. If you have a savings account with them you can check whether you have other pre-approved cards . Limit will be same for pre-approved cards but not LTF. If no savings account, you can enquire with the Customer care team as well, they will tell you the cards you are pre-approved for and decide.

Invictus

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Sorry, I should worded the title better. I didn't mean an actual downgrade of the card, I meant a downgrade in terms of the tier. As in, Magnus is a premium card with a ₹10k fee whilst I'm looking for an LTF card to replace it. I will get the LTF card, so it gets the shared limit with the Magnus and then close the Magnus as opposed to closing it first and applying for the Neo which would then come with a new limit, possibly less than what I have right now. Right now there's an offer for the Axis Neo as LTF. I've applied for it, and it's in process, so let's see.