• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Domestic Transfer at Mumbai T2

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I have a domestic connecting flight via Mumbai T2 next week. Is a one hour layover enough for Mumbai?

Credits: Vistara for coming up with this last moment change

hemant89

TF Premier
If you are asking if one hour is enough to get to the second flight then it is a very tight window because you will have to do the security check-in again and then reach the Gate in that huge terminal but if your first flight reaches on time then it is doable and second flight officials will also be there to connect with you and help you but it will be a race.
If the arriving and next flight both are on Vistara, then it is a little easier because Vistara flight normally waits for a few extra minutes if passengers are coming from their connecting flight.

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
If you are asking if one hour is enough to get to the second flight then it is a very tight window because you will have to do the security check-in again and then reach the Gate in that huge terminal but if your first flight reaches on time then it is doable and second flight officials will also be there to connect with you and help you but it will be a race.
If the arriving and next flight both are on Vistara, then it is a little easier because Vistara flight normally waits for a few extra minutes if passengers are coming from their connecting flight.
Both flights are operated by Vistara and are on the same PNR

hemant89

TF Premier
Both flights are operated by Vistara and are on the same PNR
Then the next flight will wait a few more minutes and Vistara guys will be there when you enter the terminal from your arriving flight. So it is doable if the arriving flight is not delayed too much.
Once my Vistara first flight was delayed by 15 mins and we left with 45 minutes for the next flight. Still, they did not close the doors of the second flight and they were waiting. (It was in Delhi t3)

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Then the next flight will wait a few more minutes and Vistara guys will be there when you enter the terminal from your arriving flight. So it is doable if the arriving flight is not delayed too much.
Once my Vistara first flight was delayed by 15 mins and we left with 45 minutes for the next flight. Still, they did not close the doors of the second flight and they were waiting. (It was in Delhi t3)
Reminds me of the last time I took a domestic connecting flight back in 2015. My Chennai-Bangalore leg got delayed by 1.5 hrs because of fog and I barely had 45 mins to catch Bangalore-Mangalore flight. They arranged a special bus for all 8-10 passengers who were supposed to take the flight to Mangalore that day and there were like 5-6 airline staff handling the formalities. That was celebrity treatment at finest. Reached the gate in barely 10 mins. Good old times with Jet Airways.

Thanks to Indigo that they have a direct flight between almost every city in India.

Last edited:

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Then make sure to ask for assistance from Vistara staff immediately on arrival. I remember Jet used to do gate to gate transfers at Delhi T3 for such flights.
My heart is too weak to tolerate too much suspense. Most likely I should try and get the first leg rescheduled. 🤣