• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Does it make sense to apply for HDFC Infinia in July 2022?

gauravkamboj

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

Does it still make sense to apply for HDFC Infinia in July 2022 given all the recent devaluation that has happened this year including Amazon <> SmartBuy? I'm talking about paid Infinia (12.5K + GST) not LTF.

Is the ROI / value still good or should I look at another super-premium card instead?

- GK

Cierdo

TF Premier
Amazon Smartbuy is a common devaluation across all loyalty programs, like HDFC Smartbuy, Axis Grabdeals, etc.
Since you're talking about paying the fee, I suppose you are factoring in the fact that you wont be reaching the milestone for fee reversal.
If you are spending considerably on Travel or Infinia preferred categories, it makes sense to go for Infinia since you'll be able to recoup a considerable amount of fee by hitting the 5-10X rewards cap of 15000 points per month. Moreover, you'll be getting 12.5K points for the fee you pay. So, not a complete loss.
Else, you can choose the HDFC bank Diners Club Black or StanC Ultimate.
Stan C Ultimate is a good card however the rewards redemption options are limited.
Whereas, in case of DCB, you may be able to get the fee reversed by spending 5L in a year.